What it takes to DPS in Nightmares?

I have asked this before and I now realize I need to rephrase the question.

What does it take exactly to do decent damage in nightmares?

I have reached a wall where I am just not seeing what I need to do to actually do damage in these modes. I have a 100% dmg dealt, I have damage against elements, I have 60+ pen, I have dmg taken up to 25% with gold mastery smite, more than enough def shred, a +30 slv5 weapon and with all this I barely dent the bosses there. What in world am I missing that makes a difference?

Is there a cap to dmg dealt?

Do eidolon prayers really make that much of a difference even if you could make up the stat reduction without them?

Am I suppose to craft and use 15min potions at all times?

Like I just don't get it and getting no where trying to figure it out by myself so it's time to ask.

1. From the post are you by chance a holy sword main? If so the main limiting factor is your main class. Being the main dps role is often filled with Lancers,Dragonista and katar. Because as of how they function as a class makes them superior. holy sword offers more supportive quality’s. The general thing about HS Is you either zeal Proc to the moon and one shot something or don’t and do insignificant damage.

2. Detailed stats assuming your boss dmg is around 100 as you say your about at half of what u need. The boss dmg numbers that most carry players run with is easily 230%+ same with pen 60 pen is low considering most classes with the exception of a few hover about 100% pen or slightly over. Buffs should always be used if your the carry tonics elixir class pot etc alone they don’t impact your damage but when u shove all of them on at once you see the difference. Some dungeons also have DMG dealt reduction meaning that 100% u have could be less depending on where u are. Unless you have calculated how much def shred you have in relation to the bosses actual def value most certainly solo you don’t shred enough. Everything adds up in aura kingdom make sure you have element mounts/hats and trophies and u swap them accordingly. U didn’t mention holy chest but having 9x +30 weapons in your holy chest is a massive DMG increase as well.

3. Prayers yes prayer does make a difference but it’s impact is not as much as the two above mentioned things upu should do as many as you can more stats= never a bad thing

4. Running in a proper party with enough debuffs and competent DPS if you really like holy sword u should play it and maybe make an alt that’s a lancer. Holy sword Is inconsistent and unreliable as a carry. Playing carry is very expensive not sure how long u have been playing but the expense to play carry dps is a lot. And you generally have high expectations that if you don’t meet ppl consider you “trash dps” supports are just as important as DPS if you want efficient runs they work together. So if you enjoy your class you are more then welcome to play it but as said before it’s inconsistent and unreliable but it’s fine as a supporting class just know rotations and what your class actually does and you can be helpful to most parties. If I’m wrong in assuming your a holy sword player let me know and I’ll give you other advice.

Sorry I should have mentioned I am a katar main with crusadur sub.

230% damage dealt?! That explains a lot, I didn't think it was possible to get that high.

It's not so much that I want to carry, its just I want to able to do more than just debuff and possibly dent the bosses instead of just tink damage. I'm an on and off again player who just started coming back and feels like I can't progress at all without being carried in some form. I can grind exp just fine but the LP situation is brutal without NTL/TLP and sky tower. However it felt like no matter how much I invested in gear, it barely seemed to matter so I began to wonder if something changed during my breaks.

Anyway thanks for the info. Will play with some numbers and figure out how to get even more dmg dealt %.

Well eido collection is a massive boss dmg increase once it’s done so work on. That as well as do your holy chest