Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardia's Chaotic Drawing Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardia's Chaotic Drawing Dump

Heeeello there ! I'm Cardia, and...

You don't know me ? That's alright, I just came here. I'm here like since... two hours ?

For those who wonder who I am, feel free to read that...

Originally posted by Cardia
    Heeey ! Newcomer here, the name's Cardia !

I played Aura Kingdom on the french version until my first PC gave up on me. Then I tried another PC, which gave up as well. I kinda thought that Aura Kingdom was the cause of this, since I had downloaded Aura Kingdom on the first PC two weeks ago, and the other one decided to fuck up the very day I installed AK on it.

I'm now 20, I study English in college for now, and I'm aiming for either being a professionnal "artist", most likely cartoonist, or if it turns out I don't have the talent for it working as a librarian. I'm fond of art. And by art, I mean all seven arts. Especially literature, paintings and drama. (Is it drama or theater in english ? I don't know. I guess it is drama... You know, actors, plays, Shakespeare, to be or not to be, all this.) I find myself a bit skilled in writing, and way less skilled in drawing. By the way, my avatar represents myself.

I'm more of a casual gamer than a hardcore gamer to be honest. Not that I dislike hard games, I just can't manage them. I'm very, VERY clumsy, and my fingers refuse to do what my brain tells them to. The only games I cleared without raging at least once are casual games, and Visual Novels. I love Visual Novels, too. My favorite ones are Fate/Stay Night, Clannad, the Umineko Naku no Koro Ni series, and the Zero Escape series (on DS and 3DS.)

I guess that's it for me !

Last note, in case you didn't get it before : I may have girly manners, all this, I'm a guy. A very androgynous guy, but a guy. A manly man.
    Now, onto buisness. And by buisness, I mean "Don't buy anything, for now, just watch."

FOR NOW, this topic is just a drawing dump. A kind of gallery. I might turn it into a drawing shop in the later future.

What will it contain ? Well, Aura Kingdom stuff, but also more general stuff. [EDIT after almost a year : HAHA THAT WAS SUCH A FUCKING LIE. There are only three works about Aura Kingdom as of the day I'm writing this edit.]

I'll leave a few drawings here for reference.

---- cut because obsolete ----

Most frequently asked question : How do you draw your things ?
    The answer is, I first sketch it on paper. Then I take a picture of it, then I lineart it thanks to Paint Tool SAI. Once it's done, I color it on Photofiltre 7. Why don't I use a graphic tablet ? Well I own one, but I suck at using it so I don't.

[ ^ OBSOLETE : Now I work with a Wacom Bamboo CTH-560 tablet and Clip Studio Paint. I just won't remove that first method I had because it shows the pain I have been through for my first works.]

[Ignore what the fuck was on that part of the topic before.]

[Actually, ignore the 4-5 first pages of this topic if it's your first visit. Come back after seeing the latest pages, so you don't have the wrong idea about my so-called skills.]

LATEST WORKS :

Drawing :
    11/01/2016 - "Beyond".

Video/GIF :
    06/01/2016 - Speedpaint of Nie.

Last edited by Cardia; 01-15-2016, 08:17 PM. Reason: Great update of doom.

Click on my signature to check out my drawing gallery !~

You felt your sins crawling on your back.

IGNs : Altercode (Necromancer/Sorcerer) - Rescorn (Guardian/Crusader) - Marbas (Shuriken/???)
    Great Lord of the Class Hipsters, part-time masochist, scrubbiest of scrubs, sasakure.uk #1 fanboy, antipathic peacekeeper and "that guy who draws".

Noice

Comment

Small update ! I'm trying out a new style, more cartoonish. Because I'm trying to create my own style, and it's hard. So here's a sample.

I like this thin effect a lot. Especially on that huuuuuge thigh gap.

The eyes I put are the only ones I tried that were fitting this style right. I don't like them much for now, I'm trying to find eyes that look nice.

Also, I know the mid part of the body is too long. I failed, that's all.

Any ideas or comments about this one ? I really need some right now, this style requires improvement.

EDIT : I got a few comments (not here) about this new art style. As everyone said "But Cardia, look at this face ! It's totally Lenny face ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

And other comments about proportions and all. So I tried something else. GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD !

Still open for comments, ideas, and all.
      Last edited by Cardia; 04-10-2015, 10:59 PM.

IGNs : Altercode (Necromancer/Sorcerer) - Rescorn (Guardian/Crusader) - Marbas (Shuriken/???)
      Great Lord of the Class Hipsters, part-time masochist, scrubbiest of scrubs, sasakure.uk #1 fanboy, antipathic peacekeeper and "that guy who draws".

Comment

Not sure about other people, maybe the legs should be longer i think >< Im sorry i like shojo style so i refer long legs. Just ignore my comment if you think not appropriate >o<

Comment

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On yer new style, if you are trying to go for a cartoon look, you should look up tutorials & videos on cel shading ●♢●) Using airbrush, burn, or dodge tool is difficult to use as a shader unless there is balance to it. Though, many do not recommend burn&dodge for your coloring at all.

g☆luck!

Check out my second post for art raffle! Click the Signature!

Comment

Keep going. c:

Comment

Actually I'm not seeking to do a proper shading. The "shading" part isn't here to put shades, but to put a bit of relief on the color. So that the color isn't unicolored, but a bit in a kind of relief. It's a quick brush with a very faded black color so that the coloring doesn't look too plain

Thanks for the advice though. It may prove useful later if I want to do a proper coloring with shades and shit.

New works !

This one is a fellow artist that I drew to practice a bit.

And this one... It's actually a member of a RP forum I'm on, but since his avatar comes from Teuffel Diabolos, let's just say it's Teuffel.

Last edited by Cardia; 04-11-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Oh dude- don't use Black than D: It'll make things look dirty.

Use the initial colors on a 2nd layer OVER the initial colors with Multiply mode and drop its opacity/or not.

My friends and experience artists use blue, purple, or even color blocks to add in color texture @[email protected])
                Though at this point, it is considered shading... balance, man, balance.

-I use to shade in black&gray till my friend caught me in a live session...

Comment

I see. Thanks for the advice ! I never considered it this way.

Well, mainly because most of my works don't include many colors other than black, white or grey. I'll definitely try this method in my next work. That should remove a bit of that "dull" effect my works have.

Comment

Oh man, same here; it was quite an eye opener to realize there was other colors in shades & stuff in digital work @[email protected]) or life in general.

Keep it up, your new style is nice :>
                    (but my favorite will always be the one with ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Comment

So I applied lilblkrose's advice about coloring, and I have to say that this changed the quality, like, quite a bit. Quite a lot. I didn't even take the best model when it comes to color, and still I can see the difference like "Oh. Woah."

So, for the next drawing... I've always wondered why Pokémon were so cool about having rocks thrown at them in the Safari Zone. Like "Oh yeah, send me rocks, I'll be your friend."

So I did a drawing about it. The answer ? They aren't cool about it. And this is proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardia View Post
                        Yes. He deserves that.

-Glad it helped >0<)7-

Comment

New work done ! I wanted to draw this stance for a long time, and I always thought "Dude, without a background or something it'd look so fucking weird."

So I thought it would be a good opportunity to draw a simple background. Very simple, very basic.

About the line in this drawing, it's something I have thought about a lot. As a fiction writer, and all, I have thought about the meaning of "Fiction". And this is what I ended up with.

Comment

New work, yet again !

Okay this one needs explanation.

On the left is my current main OC, based after my own looks. Incidentally named Cardia. (You can see him as my avatar as well.)
                            On the right is my former main OC, based after how I used to look like. Incidentally named Cardia.

Basically, they are me and I am them. And they are one and a same, Cardia just went through an evolution that made him get my current appearance instead of my former one.

The timespan between Cardia I and Cardia II, as I'd call them, is two years.

Now I wondered, "what would happen if Cardia met his former self ?"

Probably nothing more than a look and "... Ah."

I'm the king of disappointment and anticlimax.

Comment

"My fashion sense hasn't changed at all"
                              main concerns lol

Comment

Working...
                              X