Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tachi's Honor [PvE Guide]

Tachi’s Honor

First, I'm not a native english speaker, so, I must apologize if there's any mistake.

As much as I know, we haven’t had a nice Tachi guide since when Level 65 Gears were the coolest shit.
    Tachi is a current “underplayed” class nowdays, and if that isn’t enough, it’s getting some down thumbs. I guess people who don’t understand this class are the ones who give us a bad reputation.
    So, hoping to not ruin even more Tachi’s Reputation, I’ll take my time to try to make others understand this class.
    I’m not going to show you how to be the best Tachi Ever, I’ll just teach some mechanics and try to make the interested people who’s reading to learn more about this class

Pro’s
    • Low skill’s cooldown
    • Funny to play (at least to me)
    • Quick skill animations
    • Nice DMG (with a good build)
    • Strong single target
    • Simple to use
    • Stun

Con’s
    • Squishy
    • Melee
    • Envoy Path isn’t the best

Viable Sub Weapons
    There’s not only one choice for a sub weapon. I’ll list the most relevant for a Tachi and how they help us. (Remember that you can test all the subclasses you want, even if is not here; go and find out which you like most)

Bard:
    - Self Healings
    - Constant healing per second with Ballad
    - Some ranged skills
    - +12% DMG with Ballad
    - Tanky
    - Move SPD Buff

Katar:
    - More flashy skills
    - A little heal skill
    - A faster stun skill
    - Combo skills (?)

Sorcerer:
    - Nightmare Totem
    - Nice DoT and Debuff skills
    - Ranged skills
    - DMG Buff

Gunslinger:
    - Traps that immobilizes and/or gives DoT to your target
    - Ranged skills
    - Best SPD Buff

Greatsword:
    - Powerful AoE skills
    - Massive DMG
    - DEF debuff to enemy
    - Nice CRIT and CRIT DMG buff

Scythe:
    - Combo skills
    - Debuff skils
    - DoT Skill
    - DMG and SPD buff

At least this is my experience with these subclasses so far.

Stats
    Offensive

DMG - Main Offensive Stats. Maximize this one, trust me.
    CRIT - Meh, we're Tachi. Here if you think you need.
    SPD - Put left points here if think you need.

Defensive:

HP - Invest all your Defensive Points here.
    DEF - Just fortify your gears so you’ll get a capped DEF.
    EVA - Just don’t bother. You can put left ones here, just for a little extra EVA.

Gears

Level 70-75
    When you reach to Lv70, you can get your Crafted Sniper set, or just wait to Lv75 and use DPS Top and Bottom Sets; if you can fortify them (and upgrade the stars), do it, so you can hold until you get your Lv80 set.

For accessories, just pick the Blinding Reflection Set until you get your Lv80 set as well.

For Trophys, Craft the Guzigla’s Bloodied Tooth, this is must have.

You can choose between Fenrir’s Dog Tag, or any other Elemental Trophy.

Level 80

Go Damned Ruler Top and Bottom.

For accessories, since Tachi has low cooldown and you can get a decent SPD, you can go for War Exemplar Set, but if you feel like if you need more SPD, you can either choose Arcane Permafrost set as well, for a plus CRIT and SPD (War Exemplar set gives DMG Against Elites, not CRIT DMG)

For trophys, you can keep your Guzigla’s Tooth or your current set. But Law of Past and Future is a very cool option; with both you’ll get +13% DMG against Bosses, plus the +3% to all stats effect, which stacks 3 times, that means +9% to all your stats. Pretty cool, huh?

Just use how you feel better for your style or what you need.

Weapon

Level 70-75

Main Weapon: You can just keep your level 60, or 65 Weapon until level 70 and craft one, or also wait and buy a level 75 one while leveling (Fortify your level 70-75 to at least +10/+15 to survive. You can add some starts to them if you can)

Sub Weapon: Pick a nocturnal, no wonder why. Just buy a blue nocturnal from Auction House, or keep the ones you can find from the little chests at dungeons.

Level 80

Main Weapon: It’s time to craft. Get the Ghodroon’s Weapon; you’ll need the Penetration for new content.

Sub Weapon: Get a Nocturnal Core, there’s not another choice. You can purchase from Auction House, another player, or try how lucky you are.

Secret Stones

Weapons: Get the Lava Secret Stone (DMG +7%, CRIT +2%), and you can reset it until get DMG +2%
    If they’re too expensive for you, you can also try to get the Zephyr Secret Stone (DMG +5%). Also reset it until get DMG +2% if you can. Just while get a Lava one.

Gears: Get the right for your class, and just don’t pick the crimson ones. You’ll see that there’s not an SS for your armor, so choose one of your sub class. Also try to get DMG +2%

With Lava and Gear SS with 2% of DMG you'll get +14% DMG, plus the 7% of both Lava, whish are anoter 14% which is DMG +28%

Enchantment Cards

Gears: Put the Green or Orange (you can change them later also, if you find a better one), use +DMG; Green gives +2%, Orange gives 3%.

Weapons: You can basically choose anything, but Zeal Cards are the ones you want to keep.

Costumes: You can get some trough Encyclopedia that gives you some stats or upgrade some skill, and others from Mall/LP Mall that adds +2% to some stat.
    Get the DMG +2% from Mall, and add them to the ones you got from encyclopedia, and then add them to your costumes.

I think those are the best ones, still you can look for ones better to you.

Weapon Mastery

Weapon Spect.

Green Path (Left one) for more AoE Skills.

The DMG of our Dragon's Fury will increase by 25% and also we get -5% DMG Received.
    As well as our Black Swallow and Laido get upgraded.

That's how I think it would work better. In the white cirlce, you can put those 10 points left there, or SPD or anywhere you think you need them most.
    Again, feel free to explore with this, and anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DarienXis; 12-30-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Masteries

Attack Spec - Zeal, we want that Extra DMG.
    Defense Spec - Extreme Speed, we need that Move Speed.
    Tactical Spec - Break Defense, you will reduce the DEF of your victim.
    Special Spec - The Best Defense; trust me.

General Skill - We have two choices. Soaring Flash: Round and Whirling Black Swallow.

Soaring Flash will lower the target’s DEF. Black Swallow will increase this skill’s Crit Rate.

Advanced Skill - We have three options here, but just two viable ones, Dragon’s Fury: Chidori and Poised Laido.

Dragon’s Fury will decrease your target’s DMG. Laido will increase this skill’s DMG

Envoy Path

First, I’ll explain what every Special Nodes does.

1. Ronin: We get this one for free. It’s like the root of our envoy; it give us nice stats.

2. Sacred Dragon Slash:
    Brilliant Dragon Flash DMG +15%
    Gap close effect on that skill.

3. Steel Body:
    Increase HP up to 25% of your CRIT.

4. Soul Breaker:
    When target’s HP is below 40%, Move SPD decreases by 40% and DEF by 20% for 10 sec.

5. Raging Waves:
    Crit +3% for 120 sec while attacking, stack up 20 times. Goes off once you dealt a CRIT Damage.

6. Charged Jump:
    Move SPD +8%
    EVA +6%

7. Infinite Waltz:
    40% chance to deal damage to enemies within range when you evade.

There are some variations of what you can get. I’ll give you two options to get (from my opinion. You can play with your Envoy Path and see what suits better to you).
    I find Raging Waves and Infinite Waltz useless, so I just ignore them. Raging Waves disappear when we made a CRIT hit, which is not useful for us that can get a nice amount of CRIT.
    Infinite Waltz well… Meh.

Here, you can choose between the ones in the green circle.

If you pick Scythe as a sub, this could help you. Again, you can choose between the ones in the green circle.

Anyway, feel free to explore them and try by yourself.

Eidolon

Yarnaros: Attack SPD +25%, DMG +24%. Also has DMG Buff
    Eligos: Attack SPD +25%, DMG +24%. Also decrease target’s DEF
    Won: Like a mix of Yarnaros and Eligios. Same Star Buff, DMG Buff and DEF Debuff.
    Cleopawtra: Star Buff same as above, and Move Speed Buff on skills.
    Last edited by DarienXis; 12-30-2015 at 09:50 PM.

How to deal even more DMG

Zeal
    You should be familiarized with this from your masteries, and maybe Weapon Enchantments. Well, did you know about SPD Bonus? If you overcap your SPD stat, it will start giving you Zeal bonus.
    Arcane Permafrost Set will help you with this, also investing some points from Weapon Spec. Remember to not be egocentric, this is not a must have, if you can get it do it.

Gaia Emblem
    Just get one with Move Speed, DMG. The max stats you could get.
    Also Elemental DMG to skills is a good choice; I’ll explain later on this thread.

Holy Chest
    The heck is this? Well, you must have noticed some buttons on your bag.
    This is the one we’re talking about.

You can put a max of 3 Yellow Quality Weapons here to get some bonus stats.

If you look, all the weapons have different stat bonus, so, find out which one you need most, like DMG, SPD, CRIT, Max HP.

Also, there are the Zaahir’s and Nazrudin’s weapons. Zaahir’s gives you DMG against Fire targets, while Nazrudin gives against Ice. You just have to fortify them at least to +15 to get the whole bonus.
    Zaahir’s and Nazrudin’s gives +17% against Fire and Ice, respectively, so if you put three of one of both, 17*3= +51% Against Fire/Ice Targets.

Eidolon Prayer

If you have time to be at Navea stalking players while dueling or talking, you have time to do this.

Skills and Extras

We have 9 skills available for us, +1 from Weap Spec.
    First, we have this Soul Bar, it charges whenever you use a Tachi skill.

Soaring Flash has a low cooldown, so we can spam this a lot. With Mastery can get a DEF debuff.
    Black Swallow has a storm element, and has a little AoE (which upgrades with Weapon Spec).
    Soul Blade is a passive skill that will increase our DMG and EVA while active and decrease the DMG in 20% (just if Tachi is main weapon). Goes off once our Soul Bar reach 0%.
    Soul Storm, it actives when Soul Blade is active, it throw a lot of hits, decreasing target’s DEF in 1% (stackeable to 30%), also provides Stun Immunity. Is a good choice when you want to kill a big amount of mobs. Don’t use it while being with a Party.
    Dark Spear Raid has a dark element, it has a grab close effect, can be cast three times if do it quickly. Will deal a DoT that also stacks 3 times. Good choice to escape from a big red carpet and come back quickly.
    Laido a powerful skill that will increase our DMG +10% for 5 seconds after casting. With Weapon Spec hit 3 times. A useful AoE skill.
    Brilliant Dragon Flash has fire element, and our stun skill. With Envoy Path get a Gap Close effect.
    Dragon’s Fury another gap close skill, it absorbs 10% of the DMG you dealt; nice for when your HP is low. With Mastery can low target’s DMG.
    Tale of Swords is our buff skill, increase CRIT and EVA a little. Better use one from your sub class.
    Mortal Disease another quick AoE skill that Weap Spec gives us.

Elemental Weapon
    As a Tachi, we just have 3 Elemental Skills, Black Swallow, Dark Spear Raid and Brilliant Dragon Flash. I would say that you could pick anything of the 3 above, kind of depends of your play style.

Black Swallow is a good choice due the high AoE and can be spamed a lot. With Mastery, Envoy, Weapon Element and maybe storm trophy could get a crazy DMG.
    But you also would want to have a balance in your skills, so instead to pick one, two, or all the options above, you can put the mastery for Soaring Slash for that DEF debuff, etc.

Dragon Flash could be a interesting option for the gap close and stun. Starting a battle dealing high DMG and stunning (I use to deal a 1 Hit-KO to boss with this skill).

Dark Spear doesn’t have a SS, so it lacks of a little power; could be good for balancing and since hits 3 times, could be a good choice though.

Being a Tachi

To know ten thousand things, know one well.” – Musashi

We’re a squishy class, but can get a good amount of each stat. Like any class, we have our pros and our cons. Understand which ones you have (We could have different, even with the same class). Take your weakness and upgrade them, take your strengths, and upgrade them. You have to understand your enemy as well.

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.” – Lao Tzu

Another point to understand is being patient and know when, where act and what to do as well.

A samurai must remain calm at all times even in the face of danger

Playing as Tachi

You just don’t go and press keys randomly. If you understand your enemy, you’ll win. What I mean? Well, when you’re facing a powerful boss, with time, you’ll learn his skill rotations, and what they does, knowing if there’s a need to go back, or keep fighting.
    Like in Sky Tower with Hel; you know the “star” red carpet come after the high AoE one with circles, and backwards. The star will put you to dance, so you find safe place, then keep attacking.

You shouldn’t start stunning the boss, try to lower his stats first with your debuff, using your sub class skills, or your masteries; if the boss has a powerful and hard to escape AoE skill you’ll need to block it, the stun will do it, just don’t waste it.
    Laido will give you 10% of DMG for 5 seconds. You can launch a uncharged Laido, and quickly use another powerful skill to shut it down.
    Don’t forget to jumpcast for more DPS.

Again, be patient and don’t bother you for nothing. No one likes an arrogant person, be calmly, humble and mature; that’s how you can be strong in any situation.

You also should read:

Old Tachi Guide

Self Explanatory DPS Guide I

Self Explanatory DPS Guide II

---------------

Alright, I just want to say that if you have any suggestions, or comments, they're welcome and if you have something that could help this guide, also is welcome.
    Otherwise, if you have some negatives comments, I'll thank you if you send me a PM with your opinion so we don't bother and spam the thread.
    As well, if you have any questions or suggestions, you can also send me a PM and i'll try to ask as soon as I can.

Thanks for your time, May the Force be with you.
    Last edited by DarienXis; 12-30-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Active User
    not bad so far o/

My envoy path, I pick back swallow node (much skill dmg).

It's pretty nice so far. I'll be waiting for this guide to end (I think, I mean there's one more post reserved), but so far it's concise and correct.

(Then again, for the biggest part it's global DPS knowledge.)

I'll just point out that you put the Sniper bottom picture twice instead of a Sniper top picture.

Also, I have a question that you will maybe answer in the remaining post : Which element would you consider best ? I can't really figure that out from the few times I have played Tachi. I'm unsure, as Dark Tusk Raid deals damage pretty quickly and the spamming three times in a row allowed makes up for the low damage amp but that Storm skill is the one which is enhanced by Weapon Path and also has a really quick animation, allowing it to be spammed with enough SPD.

(I don't really know if BDF should even be an option, as it seems to be primarily used as gapcloser and stun.)
    Last edited by Cardia; 12-30-2015 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarienXis View Post
    Greatsword:
    - Powerful AoE skills
    - Massive DMG
    - DEF debuff to enemy
    - Nice DMG and CRIT DMG buff
    The Greatsword buff gives CRIT and 15% CRIT DMG

EDIT:
    Also, it would be worth it to note that War Examplar's set bonus actually gives you DMG+20% vs Elites (not CRIT DMG like it's stated on the actual gear). And another factor that could help your readers about deciding on an accessory set, overcapping SPD gives a % zeal bonus.
    Last edited by Physis; 12-30-2015 at 05:16 AM.

Active User
    for tachi weapon element, I'd say storm would give the highest dps compared to other elements, but feel free to use whatever ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Physis View Post
    overcapping SPD gives a % zeal bonus.
    I wouldn't go all hairy and crazy with overcap speed zeal. It's about as much luxury as EVA stat is if you can earn it without spending so much. The Zeal is about 50% and it gets progressively harder to earn that extra 1% other than a Gaia emblem's Atkspd (which I think could be a bug).

That aside Permafrost does have its use especially for classes that need an easy 50% speed cap and more crits, especially for classes not meant or designed to be a true DPS.

Already updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I'll just point out that you put the Sniper bottom picture twice instead of a Sniper top picture.

Also, I have a question that you will maybe answer in the remaining post : Which element would you consider best ? I can't really figure that out from the few times I have played Tachi. I'm unsure, as Dark Tusk Raid deals damage pretty quickly and the spamming three times in a row allowed makes up for the low damage amp but that Storm skill is the one which is enhanced by Weapon Path and also has a really quick animation, allowing it to be spammed with enough SPD.

(I don't really know if BDF should even be an option, as it seems to be primarily used as gapcloser and stun.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Physis View Post
    The Greatsword buff gives CRIT and 15% CRIT DMG

EDIT:
    Also, it would be worth it to note that War Examplar's set bonus actually gives you DMG+20% vs Elites (not CRIT DMG like it's stated on the actual gear). And another factor that could help your readers about deciding on an accessory set, overcapping SPD gives a % zeal bonus.
    Thanks for point those mistakes, already fixed them.
    Cardia: I already added the Elemental stuff for Weapon, so check it out.

Physis: Well, as Freu said, it's a luxury stat. I already added details about it. This guide doesn't have a "you must go for", just explaining details to understand this class, I let people use their mind to figure out what they would need more.

Anyway, thanks for your words and help. Let's see if later we can upgrade this guide for future content and other people advices.