Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Currently occupying a certain specific point in space and time.

Meina's Endgame PvE DPS Sorcerer Guide (Screw subclass. Don't need one.)

If you're going to compare Sorcerer stats with a Ravager or Crusader or any other of those top DPS classes who have huge base weapon damage and more DMG-centred envoys and other whatnot, please don't read any more and kindly go somewhere else.

Hey guys XD

So I got really bored and... well... my last guide was way too complex, outdated, and doesn't cover the lv70/75 gears at all and... uhh... doesn't really suit the DPS mindset of 90% of the gamers now (Please delete the old guide or archive it in an old thread section if it exists. This is the important one now. I'll also try condense the info and stuff that you need. I will also try to focus this towards more experienced players who for some reason still find the class too confusing but have testplayed a Sorcerer so are used to the mechanism).

So... let's start with the table of contents as usual!

1. Why Sorcerer?
    2. Stats and Masteries
    3. Gears, Secret Stones and Cards
    4. Envoy and Eidolons
    5. Weapon Spec, preferred Subclass and Combos
    6. Level 80 (2020problems)
    7. Random reserved post in case something comes up.

Because this is an ENDGAME guide, I'll try to update this more often than the last one when new content comes out. There was a preview item for Lv80 gears somewhere which I might also add in. You'll want to aim for most of the gears for Lv70. Spend a few weeks spamming ST to +20 them.

Let's start~!

FAQ 1. So, I heard Sorcerers were extinct? Why would you go ahead and use a Sorcerer?
    - Spammable Soul Draw full heals you every 2 seconds.
    - Forgot the rest of the list, give me a few minutes

OK, so why SHOULDN'T you choose a Sorcerer?
    - Theoretically a support class, so don't choose if you want hard DPS.
    - If you can't cleanse or stack DoTs.
    - If for some reason you can't Soul Draw.

I'll try to add more to both lists when I find any other stuff.

WTB pincushion.
    Last edited by Meina-chan; 04-23-2015 at 03:34 AM.
    IGN: Meina
    Guild: SugarRush (AK) // Hypurrion (TS)

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

FAQ 2. Endgame Stats and Masteries

So, getting straight to the point (blame Bento for the terrible pun...)

DMG: 99
    CRIT: Throw the other 9 pts wherever.
    SPD: Throw the other 9 pts wherever.

HP: 99
    DEF: 0
    EVA: 9

So why not go auto-crit? I'll admit the way that you're probably MEANT to build a Sorcerer is pump your stat pts into CRIT and put DMG on your gears. But let's face it. DMG doesn't have a cap, and I'm sure most of the DPS classes can cap CRIT with buffs. Heck with the right gears you can get 100% character crit (105 or 106% primary overcap and god knows what else) in battle with an Ancient Endurance (AE) top set. That's already overcapping. With the gears that I use right now my own CRIT rate goes completely overkill (91% outside battle, 100%+ in battle with all the buffs, and that's only with 9 points in CRIT, NO food, with YARNAROS). And that's without Vengeful Sniper (VS) top because I'm not used to running full DPS set yet. I'll try it out at level 80 though. The two DPS sets look sooooooo tempting when you mix them together and stack those Imperial cores~ #2020problems.

Oh, and try to aim for 30%SPD (for 0.8s DoTs with AE top) or cap SPD (for jumpcast with full VS. Remember that formula for max auto attack SPD? Use Yarnaros / Eligos too). This could mean that you might need to work on that Eidolon Prayer System >:3!!

Masteries:
    Focusing on the same old DoT + CDMG build, these are the masteries that I'm using right now.

- DoT Shadow Bolt mastery
    - Zeal
    - Breath of Ashura OR XXX (NEVER flame lotus. Never. You shouldn't have to.)
    - Extreme Speed
    - Break Defence (or anything else).
    - The Best Defense OR Capoeira OR Deep Blue

So I'm guessing you've noticed some weird stuff already. Such as the "OR XXX" or "or anything else" for Tactical. Well, here goes.

Zeal vs Divine Power
    Remember how on my last guide I showed that ACTUAL BOOSTS to DMG doesn't affect DoT? Yeah. That's partly why Zeal > Divine Power. The other reason being the %DMG is a % of your BASE character DMG (i.e. probably the numerical damage added from weapon/gear). The actual DMG that you get is a lot less than 9%, whereas Zeal has an average of 9%. You can use the same argument for the +DMG% buffs on Eidolons as well, but they still add quite a bit of damage.

Breath of Ashura vs XXX
    Flame Lotus means you've messed up your build. Go restart your Sorcerer.

If you go Bard sub then use Serenade for Harp... IF +12% CHAR damage is better than 12k PURE damage. If you go Necro sub then don't bother with Bone Shield +DMG because the cooldown is ridiculously long and it'll be even more of a waste than Flame Lotus, especially considering you need to spam a level 50 mob just for the green mastery.

"or anything else (Tactical)"
    Because there's a cap for the maximum of DEF% down and DMG% down (DEF is around 50 and DMG around 40 - again correct me if I'm wrong). Big Game Hunter = -15% DEF, then you have -10% from Core, and ANOTHER -10% from Aleatoric Curse (assuming that's been translated back to Aleatoric Curse). On top of that you have Void Soul Draw and probably Eligos too (-#DEF, which can probably stack on top of all that -DEF%) and Void Shadow Bolt (-15% DMG). The only thing you CAN'T debuff near the cap value would either be SPD or CRIT/CDMG. So you're probably better off using one of those masteries in a party. Ravs would probably steal your Break Defence anyway.

The Best Defense vs Capoeira
    If you can cap DEF with Eidolon / Snow Child and NO food and NO Best Defense, then go for Capoeira for the luxurious EVA. Even better, go Kotonoha or Aelius too for 15% bonus EVA if you want to (AE top set. DO NOT try to use Aelius / Kotonoha with a VS top set unless you can reach near-cap anyway). I would advise against focusing on EVA too much for PvE though because you'll lose quite a bit of attack speed from not using Yarnaros / Eligos. I'm also warning you here and now that some of the later lament bosses have insane accu.

Deep Blue
    Also a possibility if you're in a completely safe environment (e.g. ST) and/or can cap DEF without Best Defense and DON'T want Capoeira because it's a waste of a mastery in your eyes.
    Last edited by Meina-chan; 04-21-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

FAQ 3. Gears, Secret Stones and Cards

Let's start with level 70 gears. You'll probably not want the level 75 because they're not focussed enough for PvE (more specifically, bosses). It's very simple. If you remember NOTHING else on this post, just remember that you have to

GO FULL DPS FOR EVERYTHING.

OK, maybe not COMPLETELY everything. Depending on personal preference (how cautious you are) you can choose AE or VS top. Depending on what you choose you may want to swap your cards and Best Defense / Capoeira / Deep Blue. If you want a ton of SPD and detailed DMG to boss to absolutely cap out your DPS potential, go full VS.

A word about Inflammation level 75 yellow top - Feel free to go for this top IF AND ONLY IF your boss CDMG (and c/rate) is way overcapped and IF AND ONLY IF the 8% DMG is DETAILED (to match VS). The DoT proc can be used to support and enhance your own DoT, but only worth it if the 8%DMG is on detailed.

NB: Prepare a few feathers just in case if you want to go full DPS mode.

Trophies - Spangler orange and FOR NOW Darkness Occult Mask. When Accessory / Trophy fortifications come out feel free to swap to a level 75 trophy for the fortification bonuses and extra stats.

VS bottom set is a MUST.

Full DPS accessory set is also a MUST.

Main Weapon - Either a high % (135+) Darkness Shoggoth (ST) book (6% primary DMG / high base DMG), or a 125%+ Darkness lv70 orange one (Boss Killer mode). When 80 oranges come, craft the heck out of it until you get a 125%+ Darkness with decent stats, and then 5-star with all the crap ones you crafted before your OP one, then swap to that OP one.

Sub Weapon - Meh. One random craft does the trick. Try to also get good stats. You can put in some effort and get the correct element if you really really want to.

Cards:

AE top
    If you choose to go AE top, use CRIT RATE cards to compensate for your lack of a DPS top. Feel free to use Zeal cards on weapons or something no matter what top set you use. You might also need to compensate for CDMG from somewhere (such as Envoy or Weapon Spec) to make up for the loss of CDMG from not using full VS, but you can still cap CDMG to boss with AE top.

VS / Inflammation top
    If you choose to go VS top, then go ahead and use 6%HP / MoveSPD Zeal (preferably HP if your MoveSPD is high enough already to make up for lack of HP on VS compared to AE) and DMG+2/DMG cards for everything because you'll have some extra CRIT. Or you can mix and match CRIT and DMG cards, that's entirely up to you.

Heraldry
    Ideally you want a 6%DMG / 11%DARKDMG heraldry to maximise potential. Prioritise on the DMG stat before the elemental one.

Costumes
    Stick to 2%DMG on costumes and costume enchants (2%HP on hat). You won't need more than 90% detailed crit at max level to cap crit rate with envoy. Especially if you want to use full VS.

Weapon Costume - Soul Draw +5
    Hat - 18% elemental DMG (VS top) or 10% boss DMG (AE top)
    Face Accessory - Rejuvenation Mantra +5 (for the DoT value)
    Body - 25% Boss CDMG.
    Ornament - +5% MOVE SPD (go for Flame Impact if you want but not recommended because everyone stacks MS now)

Secret Stones:

SS Stats: 2% DMG and either CDMG (for regular mobs if you're desperate about dungeon clear speed), HP or dmg redux as secondary.

Main / Sub weapons - DOUBLE LAVA.
    Head - Any.
    Body(nha) - DAMAGE Flame Impact. If you want to go Boss Killer mode, you don't need the CDMG orange stone - or at least you shouldn't.
    Belt - DAMAGE Demon Seal. They have a fast cooldown anyway.
    Gloves - DAMAGE Soul Draw. Again, fast cooldown.
    Boots - Any.

Flame vs Darkness:
    Sony can attest to the following comment from me: "(Storm) Ravager = paperweight on RnR key."

If you want to go lazy mode then feel free to use a Flame element book and spam the crap out of your Ashura. I'll call you a "paperweight on Ashura key" - and then dodge your ashura by moving.

If you absolutely can't get out of using Ashura then read the following paragraph. If not, go have fun with your Darkness 135%+ 5-star book.

Ashura for me is best used when the target is rooted or stunned and that means with Shadow Bolt as a precursor skill. This ensures a guaranteed hit. If you try to Ashura a mob during mobbing and if they're not moving along that same straight line as the Ashura flame, then it'll just MISS. Same with that linear Gren skill (whatever that is). One other way is to get up reeeeeeaaaaaaaally close and point-blank fire the Ashura, or fire it directly at a mob chasing you in such a way so that they run INTO the Ashura. That'll guarantee you a hit unless you've messed it up somehow but you're also in range of the mob's attacks if you fire point-blank as if you're taking the mob hostage.

The other reason for Darkness over Flame is because you have TWO darkness skills. Two USEFUL darkness skills. Two TARGETED darkness skills - Soul Draw and Shadow Bolt. You'll survive better with more damage on Soul Draw and your HP can afford to fall further. The only disadvantage is that your Soul Draw becomes OP to the extent that lower level stuff (by that I mean the normal level 72 sprouts on OW Cresc Hill) start to get 1-shotted. If that happens, either stop jumpcasting your Soul Draw or swap to a Flame element book. But 90% of people will be too lazy to re-star a Flame element. So just use Dark. You'll hit the mob for more when you root them too. And you'll never miss with either of the two compared to Ashura. Win-win~
    Last edited by Meina-chan; 04-23-2015 at 03:50 AM.

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

FAQ 4. Envoy Path and Eidolons

Eidolons

Most recommended at the top

- Some 4-star Eidolon with +8/+16dmg and +20/+40cdmg OR +25/+50 auto attack speed, and a DMG/CDMG buff or #DEF debuff. GO FOR IT! If it exists, that is. (Top possible candidates are 4-star Eligos / Yarnaros).

- Eligos - the -NUM def debuff can stack with Void Soul Draw and on top of the -DEF% debuffs. You also have 25% auto speed for jumpcast. Remind me to level this guy to 70 later.

- Yarnaros - the damage boost can help a bit, as well as the auto attack speed for jumpcasting. You can also use Yarnaros if you want to stun bosses or something for some random reason.

- Shirayuki - 60cdmg plus some damage and a 5% zeal chance. Mainly for mob clear - because you'll have near cap or a bit overcap boss CDMG anyway. Shirayuki's 4-star has a possibility to be a 10% chance to Zeal.

- Uzuriel - 80cdmg plus 15% DMG to storm. Lower than Shira because of no zeal chance at all.

- Tigerius Caesar - a possibility if you want to play a pseudo-Warbow and stack zeal chance and movespeed.

- Aelius or Kotonoha - if you want to try and evade attacks because somehow you get aggroed too much (good job XD). NB - AE top set only. The EVA boost is pretty pointless with full VS. Unless you want Aelius's cleanse to stack on top of yours (w-why aren't you cleansing properly y-you baka!!).

- Zaahir or Bel-Chandra - you've messed up the build. Go restart your Sorcerer.

Envoy Path

Note the Flame Impact / Soul Draw / Shadow Bolt masteries. These three are arguably the skills with the highest multipliers. Blood Seal is somewhat high too but there're a lot of needless nodes you need to get to that. If you don't need Blacksnake Totem feel free to trade it for Arcane Shield, but you'll lose iFrames.

Another possibility is to swap the two DMG% nodes (6% base dmg) for 2% detailed DMG and Arcane Shield if you want to. Feel free to swap the Ashura mastery nodes to the other CDMG / C/RATE node too if you find yourself not using Ashura that often.
    Last edited by Meina-chan; 04-15-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

FAQ 5. Weapon Spec, Preferred Subclass and Combos

Weapon Spec

LEFT path. Go for the Soul Draw enhance and the bats. Two main reasons for why left vs right.

Left totem doesn't restrict movement the way the right path does. I've lost track of the number of times I've just died to mobs and bosses (sometimes repeatedly) while channeling Exotic Feel and caught in an AoE because of how Exotic Feel completely stops you from moving.

That leads on to the second disadvantage - the one where you can't use Exotic Feel for bosses. Because you'll get rooted and probably fail to dodge an AoE.

Let's assume for bosses you're not going to survive the full four seconds of Exotic Feel and not use the skill at all. What else do you get? The bonus DoT to your Seals. How much actual "pure" damage is that? Around 500 for both. Crit damage into account that's 1500 assuming cap, and that's probably a huge overestimate (maybe not if you take detailed and extra damage taken bonuses into account).

Now let's consider the fact that you can LEAVE EVIL SPIRIT ALONE and let it PROC ALL SORTS OF RANDOM CRAP for 8 whole seconds WHILE YOU ALSO SKILL and proc MORE RANDOM CRAP WITHOUT HAVING TO RISK BEING ATTACKED. Oh, did I also mention that Evil Spirit deals damage in a huge AoE too? Except now you can move around and lure the dumb AI of the mobs into your trap of an Evil Spirit totem, and then circle your totem so that they don't run away, so they get a constant MS-15 and DMG-15 (or however much it was)? Oh, it also deals quite a bit of damage to the mob that you cast it on, by the way. And it's also the reason why you don't ever need the Sabotage mastery any more (combined with Void Shadow Bolt).

The right path's not completely useless though. It's not bad for mob clear (but you'll probably need useless evasion to pull off the whole 4 seconds of stuff, or not get aggro from the mobs when you use EF) but horrible for bosses. Sorry but nobody's going to wait 10 minutes out of combat for you just to change your Spec path, by the way. Let's also not forget that you'll also want that path to level 50 for the extra Spec stat points .

So use the left path. Just stick to the left path. Just go with it. It's versatile and really useful if you know how to use it.

Spec Stats

AE top
    30 DMG
    30 CRIT
    20 CDMG
    20 DARKDMG or 20FLAMEDMG (paperweight-on-ashura path. Go run on that treadmill next to you while you play the game.)
    - or 20HP if you don't want the elemental damage. You probably won't need SPD from spec.

VS top
    30 DMG
    30 CRIT
    15 MSPD
    20 DARKDMG or 20FLAMEDMG (see above) + 5HP
    - OR 25HP if you don't fancy elemental damage. Again you probably won't need SPD from spec.

Warning - Be careful in SoE with the left path. Aelius and Serena stack DoTs on you if either YOU or a SUMMON attacks them and the DoTs plus a multihit attack can easily overwhelm your cleanse speed. DON'T use Evil Spirit here unless you have backup iFrames or your HP will melt like Icarus's wings.

Preferred Subclass
    So I've explained to you that this was an endgame guide. I told you that it was going to be updated, and then...

I told...

A lie.

I told you guys that you didn't need a subclass.

(Congrats and sorry to everyone who got that obvious Shigatsu reference... QQ)

Anyway. Yes. Everyone needs a subclass. For me it just doesn't matter because I never use the actual SKILLS from that subclass. You will only probably see me use Frozen Tomb once in a blue moon.

So, if you really really really want to go DPS, you have the obvious Bard subclass choice with the increased survivability, free regen, heal (if you're actually going to use any heal skills), and that 12% detailed damage which was originally meant to supplement the Bard main class's lack of damage but ended up creating a broken new metagame. If you go Bard sub then use Serenade for Harp. If you don't feel like making Sorc/Bard for whatever reason (such as screwing over the metagame), keep reading.

The other alternative is Necro for Butterfly Aura and maybe Blacksnake Totem to complement your DoTs.

Both of these count as AoE DoTs - Butterfly Aura does around 8000 and Blacksnake does around 12000. Not as strong as Gunslinger traps I'll admit, but STACKABLE. With full CDMG, those two alone are worth 60k of DoTs on paper. Butterfly Aura also deals about 700k initial damage (more with VS top probably). If you somehow manage to stack the rest of your DoTs on that boss within that 12s frame, you'll be able to hit about 100k DoT per tick for a second or two (watch out for aggro). You'll also have an edge when you mob clear, because of the huge AoE nuke and DoTs amplified by your CDMG.

And the reason that I say that you can just choose any subclass you want now (assuming you want to screw the metagame)? Again, because of the Weapon Spec. the Evil Spirit doesn't stack with BST, so BST is now pretty much void in PvE (it has its uses in PvP though, like how you can lay it down and run and watch the other person get tortured when they run headfirst into the totem). I would still go for BST though, because of the iFrames that you get which can probably save your life on Demir if you ever get the urge to solo SoE (the other two sources are Eidolon ulti and Butterfly Aura). If you find that you're not using Necro ults as often as you can do, then go ahead and use Bard. Up to you.

Main Combos (<-> denotes any order)
    - Shadow Bolt -> [Rejuvenation Mantra <-> Evil Spirit]
    - [Shadow Bolt <-> Soul Draw] -> Ashura
    - Sneak in Demon and Blood Seals and random Void skills every 10 seconds or so - they'll never notice anyway
    - Nightmare Totem -> Evil Spirit (negates Nightmare Totem) -> Butterfly Aura
    - Blacksnake Totem -> Butterfly Aura
    - HP low -> Soul Draw -> repeat as necessary
    - [Shadow Bolt <-> Nightmare Totem]

Epilogue or whatever this is:
    So I guess that's all there is for now, good luck if you're going to follow this guide, I'll post whatever's missing a bit later. Ignore the horrible references please and I'll also try to update this with other people's suggestions and when new gears come out.
    Last edited by Meina-chan; 04-22-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

FAQ 6. What about future Lv80 Gear?

Again, if you don't remember anything else, then remember to go FULL DPS.

At level 80 you'll have these DPS set effects available to you (credits to Nintendo. One of the DEF set effects is for Guard and the other for Bard). Brackets show total fortification bonuses for the whole set.

DPS Set 1 - CRIT+1626 / SPD + 3040 / CDMG to boss +30% (TOP) // DMG+12% / CDMG to boss +35% / 10% to cause 1515DoT (BOTTOM)
    +5 - Chance to suffer CRIT -1% (-5)
    +10 - Accu+1 (+5)
    +15 - DMG+1 (+5), CDMG+2 (+10), EXP+3 (+15)
    +20 - DMG+2 (+10), CDMG+4 (+20), Accu+2 (+10), Chance to suffer CRIT -2% (-10)

- Total fort bonus for whole +20 set: Chance to suffer CRIT -15, Accu +15, DMG+15, CDMG+30, EXP+15

DPS Set 2 - DMG+10% / EVA+1626 / CDMG to boss +30% (TOP) // CRIT+1626 / CDMG to elites +25% / 12% to +8% CRIT (BOTTOM)
    +5 - Accu+1 (+5)
    +10 - CDMG+2 (+10)
    +15 - CrValue +1 (+5), DMG+1 (+5), EXP+3 (+15)
    +20 - CrValue +2 (+10), DMG+2 (+10), CDMG+4 (+20), CrRate+2 (+10)

- Total fort bonus for whole +20 set: Accu+5, CDMG+30, DMG+15, EXP+15, CrValue+15, CrRate+10

So you're not going to lose out on your 15DMG or 30CDMG regardless of your combination of sets. The difference lies in Crit and Accu which in PvE are somewhat negligible, since you'll have high CRate anyway. The +CrRate looks nice and seems to be a flat rate bonus though. You can always use a complete set for a balanced effect - Set 1 seems to be geared towards DoT classes and Set 2 seems to be pure DMG. Anyway, here are the recommendations:

Top set - Set 2 (DMG+10%) unless you already have close to 90% DMG.

Bottom set - Set 1 (DMG+12%) is a MUST (Boss Killer because Set 2 bottom has useless CDMG to elites). The DoT can also cause 4545 more damage per tick with capped CDMG to boss and can stack on top of your other DoTs as well.

Total fort bonus (+20) - Accu +11, CDMG+30, DMG+15, EXP+15, CrValue+6, CrRate+4, Chance to suffer Crit -9%.

If you're worried about overcapping DMG or CDMG to boss, then get full SET 1 (the more-or-less equivalent of level 70 full VS set).

DPS Accessory set 1 - DMG+3171 / CRIT+1520 / DMG to elites +20% // DPS Accessory set 2 - CRIT+1626 / SPD+3040 / CDMG to elites +30%
    +5 - Movespeed +1 (+3)
    +10 - HP+1 (+3)
    +15 - Movespeed +1 (+3), HP+1 (+3)
    +20 - DMG+2 (+6), HP+2 (+6)

Total fort bonus for set: DMG+6, HP+9, Movespeed+6

Accessory set - If you don't care about elites, go for DMG/CRIT set. If you REALLY don't care about elites, grab one of the Tank sets for survivability.

Don't forget your 125%+ Darkness (or Flame, if you want to buy a treadmill for real money too) book (10% boss damage too~)!
    Last edited by Meina-chan; 04-23-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

Random reserved post 2~ (you can start posting :3)
    Last edited by Meina-chan; 04-14-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

tyyyyy ;3 needed this for my Tarts ;3

Reserved for page one ~~

Hey Meina, I make a sorc-necro too, this guide really helpful. Thanks

You forgot to include Eligos. He provides additional flat Defense reduction if you don't care about Yarnaro's DMG buff.

For stats, go 30DMG, 30CRIT, 20DARKDMG and 20CDMG (AE top set) or 15MSPD (VS top set - throw the other 5 points onto SPD / EVA / HP wherever). If you want to go with the paperweight-on-Ashura path (there's a treadmill. I want you to run on the treadmill while you spam that Ashura), get FLAMEDMG instead of DARKDMG.
    Personally, I feel the elemental boost is horrible since it appears to be a flat boost. You already get a % boost from correct elemental weapon, Envoy, Trophy, etc...so may as well invest those points somewhere else.

Warning - Be careful in SoE with the left path. Aelius and Serena stack DoTs on you if either YOU or a SUMMON attacks them and the DoTs can easily overwhelm your cleanse speed. This is the ONLY situation where you want to AVOID Soul Draw spam to summon bats.
    Please, I spam Soul Draw like no tomorrow when I solo Serena and Aelius. /shot
    The suicidal thing is using Evil Spirit Totem on top of boss. That thing stacks Serena/Aelius' debuff fast.