Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Question Game, Eidolon and Sky Tower Lore

My first post here and it's going to be about lore! I got into Aura Kingdom earlier this year and despite the fact that my poor video card can't even load instances, I pushed through because the game really pulled me in. Especially it's lore. I've played a few generic MMORPGs around the block and this one just stuck out.

Anyways, one of my favorite things of the game is it's lore. You can gather most from playing the game itself and some from websites. But there is certainly more to it than what I see and find.

I ended up running Sky Tower recently (my second time ever) and one thing I noticed is that at the beginning and end of each floor, there's a little cutscene that has to do with the past. The farther you go, you start recognizing Eidolons.
    This always really interested me but I can never stay and watch the cutscenes because as soon as a floor is finished, EVERYONE bolts to the next floor. If I bothered to watch the end cutscene then the raid group would already be at least three floors ahead. I know that perhaps about 98% of the player base couldn't care less about the lore, but I'm really interested.

I'd like to know more about the Eidolons and their relationships/histories with one another. I'd like to know more about the stories the Sky Towers tell.

I guess this is kind of silly but...does anyone know of a way I can gain such info? That I could read in English? Or watch? It seems like there's a lot of info to be had as I've explored sites from Taiwan that cover some topics...but...google translate can only do so much. But I've discovered things like who they would have voice for each Eidolon! Interesting videos!

Anyways...I've rambled enough. So does anyone know of a source of information that I could go to and understand? Or perhaps maybe there's a way to start gathering the lore and archiving it?

Thanks~!

Your probably one of the few that really is interested into the Lore of the game, I myself find it very interesting. It is why I hope I can contribute to fix the translation of the ones in Rainmist, Sludgemarsh, and and Silent Ice Hill maps npc languages, as its not translated properly, thus sadly makes us having to guess what happens by our own POV.

This might be a spoiler or people might not care but based one the major stories I found interesting are and I will do my best to explain what I think has happened on each floors.

Floor 1-2: Researchers begin to built man made machines to aid them in their research or instruments for war, only to have their plans back fired on them not once but twice, though later on it was rumored it was the work of a abnormal existence. [ need to review the stories again beens a while ]

Floor 3-4: Needing to call out to the imprisoned forest guardian, such actions were taken until finally Cyril has challenged the Guardian, known as Fink, after making a bargain, the man later tricked the beast, and striked the guardian, however the guardian decided to test the man first before he follows with the end of the bargain, afterwards, being resealed, that same unusual being watches from afair and disappears [ Need to review this again ]

Floor 5-6: A old Scientist created a Creature and cared for it as a child, but others doesn't approve of such things and used the creature for their research materials, causing it begin to rebel against the humans, in the end, the scientist calmed the creature despite being injured and let out how much he loves the creature and apologized before passing away, the creature also accepted him and called him 'Father' before also passing away next to him.

Floors 7-8: To Establish a peaceful truce between the tribes, Prince Gareth decided to challenge the cyclops king, if he were to win, such peace will happen, as he ha to battle against the king's 3 top champions. Once defeated, he moved on to defeat the king himself. After the battle, after such negotiations were met. [Incomplete, need to review this next week]

Floor 9-10: Leanne's home was blazed to the grounds leaving her the only survivor until the Adventurers came, and tried to help her find out what exactly happened, later finding a stuffed toy, this triggered Leanne's memories and caused her to revert to her original form as a Dragon, once defeated, Two large Dragons approaches and asked the Adventurers to call of their attacks, resuming their humanoid appearance, its revealed they are Leanne's parents and explained they are from a race of Dragons that was living a normal life until something had happened, causing them to be called elsewhere and left Leanne alone, after explaining, they took back Leanne and bid farewell to the humans who returned their daughter to them.

---

Floor 11-15

11: The Dragon Witch, known as Aveline was visited by a human known as Heath who came looking for his beloved Margaret. After realizing Aveline is Margaret despite she denied being the same woman he loved in the past, he annouces he'd stay with her and love her forever, but the woman simply turned him down and asked how its possible for a human to love a monster? And dismisses him although heath wouldnt leave her, decided to leave temporarily to gain a way to be with Aveline. After making a contract with the voices, he had to overcome a trial, to defeat the 4 Elemental spirits. Once finishing the ordeal, Heath's body as a human was no more but a large creature, named Vachnam. Then leaves to find Aveline.

12: Sometime in the past before meeting Heath again, Aveline stumbled upon the Monster hunters, who deemed her as a monster and needed to be taken down, Aveline told them she has no time to play with them and only wanted to take revenge against Tarvana, despite her claims, the captain dismisses her claims and orders his men to take her down. After the battle, Aveline remains victorious but not without injuries, the man decided to let her go, and she was left to continue her path again after finding time to heal herself.

13: Continuing after Floor 11, Vachnam called out to Aveline and surprises her that, now he is a monster like her, he can stay with her forever and promises to become her guardian, the Guardian of Aveline! He said thinking it's a good ring to it, but Aveline could only stare at him, and look away, saying he was foolish and its best he leaves her alone, and is disappointed in him, of how easily he casted his human side away for trival purposes. This however didnt cause him to run away rather he told her not till she defeats him, after the battle, she insist he leaves since he cant defeat her, so he ended up telling her that, if he defeats Tarvana then Aveline would not have to suffer anymore and goes off to find her, causing Aveline to shout out to him and quickly runs after him.

14: The beginning of it all. The hometown of the gorgon family was slaughtered, leaving Margaret who was away at the time to come back and find her home and parents in ruins and slained. Devastated of losing her loved ones and home, something begin to call for her. She followed the voice until it reached the unknown location where a sealed Staff was embedded to a rock. Though doubtful of the voice, She could not turn away, she wanted to avenged her loved ones, and slowly pull the staff from the rock, causing her body and mind to shift, and became Aveline the Dragon Witch. Having the lose her humanity, she was still overwhelmed by her new powers, later after the ordeal she finally unleashed her powers and accepted she is not margaret gorgon but a monster. and is on a quest to defeat Tarvana.

15: Vachnam later caught up to Tarvana who recognized him as of another Family bloodline whom she didn't bother to exterminate as she only wanted to rid of the gorgons, Vachnam told her he is here to defeat her to free aveline from her suffering, this made Tarvana amused by his claims, after his failed meager attempts to attack her, she did a devastating blow, to Vachnam, destroying his body into pieces. Aveline had finally caught up only to watch in horror of her beloved's scattered remains. Tarvana was shocked to known a survivor of gorgon has appeared before and mocked about Vachnam infront of Aveline, only to have Aveline silenced her, and vows to destroy her for taking everything away from her and for Heath, after the battle, Aveline was at a disadvantage until heath's voice encouraged her, gave little bit of what remains of him to give her the power to slay and destroy Tarvana for good. After the battle. Aveline, stood there, accepting she defeated her enemy, but in the end she looked back what happened. She lost her parents, her home and even her fiancee. She felt alone and looks up into the skies, asking Heath what should she do...? To be continued.

--

16-20

16: In a small forest, A Goddess was seen visibly lost and wandering around, known as Hera. Because of her moving around aimlessly, this caused the Cactus brothers to feel threatened and wanted to rid of her for 'destroying' their home, as they proceed to attack her, a Golden being came out and defended Hera. After the battle, Hera attempts to kill the creatures until Baldur stopped her an explained to them, they were only trying to protect their home, as hera who didnt really understand but liked Baldur because he is so shiny, and thus their friendship has begun.

17: A week later, Hera was planning on going out to see Baldur, but Gram stopped her, as he do not trust Baldur because he is the God of Light, a opposing enemy to the world of pandemonium. Hera tried to move around Gram but he grew larger to stop her, causing her to fight him, After the battle she managed to knock him away an proceed to the exit.

18: Once again halted at the edge of the forest, she proceed to give it all to defeat Gram so she can see Baldur. After the battle, she said something that cause Gram to look sad and she left to search for baldur only getting herself lost again.

19: Baldur was seen traveling in search for something to give to Hera, as he and Hera had a slight arguement, and he wanted to make up for the troubles he did for her, knowing she loves shiny and golden objects, he planned to get the Glitter of light, to give to her as a gift, after the hard work he managed to gather the light and put it into a box and proceed to go to pandemonium to give it to Hera.

20: Finding that Hera isn't back yet, he confronts Gram who still doesnt like Baldur but Baldur felt bad and wanted to apologize to Gram, if he can give this present to Hera for him, Gram was unsure about it but Baldur insisted and asked him to look inside, to see if its okay for Hera, Gram couldnt turn down that request, seeing the man is true to his words, and looked inside, he was shocked and surprised of such a beautifui sight, only to have him warped into a Sword. Baldur became shocked and worried, as Hera returns to find Gram in a dormant state. Thinking this guy who looks like Baldur is an imposter proceed to fight him as Baldur tried to explain to her, but wouldnt listen. After the battle, One of the advisors comes and explains to Hera that Gram is weakened and need to be taken back, Baldur is not what he seems and ought to be banished from this place, Hera becames quiet and quietly ignores Baldur and proceed to go with the advisor to heal Gram, as Baldur called out to Hera multiple times to hear his side of the story but to no avail causing him to look saddened realizing he can't do anything else, before leaving to return to the mortal Realm.

-- 21-25, Althought I know whats going on after making out with the google translated words, I'm still in process of piecing the stories together. I hope this was helpful to you
    I Seriously Need Help. I'm being Infected by Mushroom Madness.

Hmm, I can tell you about some eidolon thingies, atleast that I have recorded until now.

Vermilion- She likes birds alot and she is friends with Yarnaros. Bel-Chandra sees her as a rival because she also started dancing.

Serena- She likes rabbits and stuff. Her brother is Aelius but their relationship isn't the best. She also has something against Kotonoha I believe (correct me on that)

Cynthia- I don't know exactly, since some say she is Serena's twin. Although I read somewhere ingame or not (idk) that she is Serena's alter-ego. So technically she is like Serena's way to express herself diferently.

Kotonoha- She is pretty flirty, and obviously has some relation to Tsubaki.

Cyril- He is some sort of Knight or something, his name when linking being Arthur makes sense in that term.

Hope this vague information helped. Anyone can complete and add info on other eidos because.... Yeah all that I wrote is from my memory.

21-25F:
    Wailing woo... Available number! Does not seem to here... found!
    Cook too much paste, and absolutely no taste! Ow Ow Woo Woo~~~ Sweet grilled snails... This Road stew water dishes how are Caigeng!
    Ow woo woo? Fen. Lee. Seoul! <Adventure Member>Cucumber;
    scared! Angle, angle angle angle angle wolf? ! Help ah!! The remainder of the nearby residents to evacuate, prepare surrounded by restaurants!
    ah? Town? Fen Lier into town? bad feeling more and more intense; you want to ??? do!

-------
    [07:11 AM] FreuFreu : I wished AK.to was still a casual game but it isn't anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    21-25F:
    Cook too much paste, and absolutely no taste! Ow Ow Woo Woo~~~ Sweet grilled snails... This Road stew water dishes how are Caigeng!
    scared! Angle, angle angle angle angle wolf? ! Help ah!! The remainder of the nearby residents to evacuate, prepare surrounded by restaurants!
    ah? Town? Fen Lier into town? bad feeling more and more intense; you want to ??? do!
    This is the kind of asian song I would listen to.

Seriously though; 21-25 is about the hunter Torian and his hunting companion/pet(?) Fenrir. Earlier floors being about them meeting and training the wolf; latter ones about wolf getting lost in the town and Torian searching for him, only to find him caught by the town guards.

-------
    [07:11 AM] FreuFreu : I wished AK.to was still a casual game but it isn't anymore

Game lore:
    Once upon a time, there was a Knight named Reinhardt. His waifu dieded and Grand Master Belenus couldn't revive her. Then later on, Reinhardt found out that Belenus didn't use the special potion or flower to revive his waifu. He got mad and QQ'd so he decided to destroy Azuria but nope! A boy named xX69K1R1T069Xx came in town to save the day!

By activating his paypal account, he was able to gear up very quickly and with the help of the lifesteal and fortification system, the fight was very fucking easy. [Spoiler] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8KJAULooNQ fight starts @ 10:10

And we all lived happily ever after.
    Last edited by Shibi; 01-25-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Active User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    21-25F:
    Lies!!!! not even "Reserved"

@Lyr Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much!! I'm glad there is at least a few people who care about the lore/story! With how fast paced the Sky Tower gets, I don't think I would have ever been able to find out what goes on in each floor. Yeah, the lack of translation is a bit depressing. Somewhat understandable though. Chinese is a very difficult language to learn. But if you happen to find more information, please let me know! I'd love to hear about it!

@Lady Lumina Thanks for the info! I appreciate every little bit! I suppose learning about the Eidolons is easier when you have more. Collecting them and hearing their story is all a part of the fun though. Like I'm still trying to figure out what dark past Uzuriel has!

@Sera Pffft. Was that google translate? If so, that sounds about right. As helpful as the system can be, there's only so much it can do.

@Shibi and Asanagi Pffftahahaha!! xD

Well.....
    Eligos has a"Frenemie" some sort (I believe it's Abraxas. Not too sure)
    Gigas hates snake ---->Hates Quelkulan (Maybe Naz too)
    Quelkulan and Naz doesn't have any relationship other than acquaintance (SHOCKING)
    Nalani is a good friend with Tsubaki. (Maybe her only friend.Read it at Reva)
    Endora hates Naz for being a "Sophisticated" person, also the OBVIOUS crush on serif.
    Kusanagi hates Baldur for the "NOt hitting a girl" policy.
    That's as far as I know. :P
    Last edited by Toyohime; 01-26-2015 at 01:15 PM.