Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Exclamation Screen freezes because of Envoy

    First of all I never had a problem like this and it started when i returned to the game and leveled a new character.
    Now to the bug itself. (Until now this happens on Gunslinger and Brawler)

    Whenever I am fighting monsters, it doesn't matter if in a dungeon or outside, I get screen freezes IF I skilled my Envoy tree.
    If I reset the Envoy, the games runs like it should be.

    This was tested on 2 different computers, so the problem can't be on my side.

    I got video evidence for both examples.

    Video with Envoy skilled:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7i...ature=youtu.be

    Video with reset Envoy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-UX...ature=youtu.be

    Edit: It was tested on a third PC from a different person, a different location and it still is lagging like crazy with the Envoy skilled.
    And please don't tell me something like "don't play on a toaster", it was tested with a 1080ti and 64GB RAM x:
    Last edited by Geilomat; 11-11-2019 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Beta Tester HyperDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,736
    damn thats some hard fps drops, tho I havent experienced that yet on my guns which makes me curious how you getting those



  3. #3
    Active User Yuushirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    278
    Oh hey, this is what happened to me for a while. It still does it on every class I've played besides bow. Had no idea it was the envoy that was doing it. Like OP it also did it on both of my pc's.

  4. #4
    Beta Tester HyperDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,736
    you guys can try updating directx9(since AK is using dx9 instead of dx11), it doesnt eliminate the whole fps drops but it does help mitigate it.
    If it doesnt work for you then idk what else is causing it, goodluck

    left a link below if you wanna try it.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/down...s.aspx?id=8109



  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperDrive View Post
    you guys can try updating directx9(since AK is using dx9 instead of dx11), it doesnt eliminate the whole fps drops but it does help mitigate it.
    If it doesnt work for you then idk what else is causing it, goodluck

    left a link below if you wanna try it.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/down...s.aspx?id=8109
    Thanks, but it didn't help ^^'

  6. #6
    Beta Tester HyperDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Geilomat View Post
    Thanks, but it didn't help ^^'
    thnx for the feedback tho



  7. #7
    Edit again:
    I think the problem comes from Envoy tiles that buff your character after an action.
    Meaning the skills that show up in your buff bar.
    Found that out with Crusader after skilling and resetting the "Freezing Sword" skill at the bottom-right of the Envoy.

  8. #8
    Active User Yuushirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Geilomat View Post
    Edit again:
    I think the problem comes from Envoy tiles that buff your character after an action.
    Meaning the skills that show up in your buff bar.
    Found that out with Crusader after skilling and resetting the "Freezing Sword" skill at the bottom-right of the Envoy.
    I'm inclined to agree, it's definitely tied to the buff bar. I remember this issue started when the buff bar was updated to show more icons. I'm still unsure as to why it affects certain classes worse than others. My bow isn't affected at all unless i use the specialisation skill "Piercing Prism". The only thing i can think of is that bow has very few 'residual effect' skills, that paired with the fact it doesn't auto attack often.

    Also, as to Aura fixing it... this bug has been reported before but you're more insightful than the previous attempts to figure out the issue. Aura did attempt to fix it... which lasted for about two days before it came back.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushirou View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, it's definitely tied to the buff bar. I remember this issue started when the buff bar was updated to show more icons. I'm still unsure as to why it affects certain classes worse than others. My bow isn't affected at all unless i use the specialisation skill "Piercing Prism". The only thing i can think of is that bow has very few 'residual effect' skills, that paired with the fact it doesn't auto attack often.

    Also, as to Aura fixing it... this bug has been reported before but you're more insightful than the previous attempts to figure out the issue. Aura did attempt to fix it... which lasted for about two days before it came back.
    Now that you say it, I didn't have this problem when i previously played on Ak.to.
    The buffs, that the buff bar was showing were limited at that time.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •