FTP can't connect

http://prntscr.com/n9ey6o

as seen here, i cannot manage install the game. this error pops up almost as soon as i open the launcher.
    is there a fix to this?
    Last edited by Demon; 04-09-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post

as seen here, i cannot manage install the game. this error pops up almost as soon as i open the launcher.
    is there a fix to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post

is there a fix to this?
    That error basically means that the launcher isn't able to connect to our server to check which files it needs to download. The version.txt file is basically the server's file that tells your launcher at which version we are, so it then knows which files it needs to download from the launcher. Since this is your first installation, the reasons can be multiple:

1. Connection issues, that should be discarded. If your connection isn't stable, you might experience this error while installing the game.

2. Security issues: if your computer blocks our launcher in any way, this error could pop up. How to avoid it? First, you can momentarily disable your antivirus and firewall to check if the problem is related in any way with your security programs. If it works after you do that, you can solve it by adding our game to your exceptions lists (both launcher.exe, game.bin and the full game folder). Other problems sometimes are related to where the game is installed. I always recommend to keep it ourside Program Files and place it in your desktop or documents if you have windows 8, 8.1 or 10. Newer versions of windows doesn't ever grant you full admin privileges in anything installed in the Program Files, so when trying to update the client, windows blocks anything that tries to modify a folder installed there. Keeping it our that place can avoid several headaches now and in the future.

3. Always running the launcher as admin. As simple as right click on launcher.exe or in your launcher direct access icon, and choose "Run as Administrator" from the list that appears there.

4. Localization Issues: sometimes the list of files or any particular file might be having problem in a particular region in the world, since we use something called cdns to guarantee you can update your client at a decent pace regardless where you are. The best way to confirm this is what affects you is using a vpn that will mascarade your location. Localization problems aren't permanent and tends to vary over time, regardless, there's little you can do yourself to fix them other than using a vpn to patch. If the problem is indeed related to where you are located, it helps us to determine it as the issue so we can try to do something to fix it from our side.

5. A corrupted client: if there was any problem during the download of the client and your client is corrupted, you might get errors at the time of updating the client. Sadly in this case the only possible solution is to redownload the client. If you had any problems with the client from our website you will find an alternative option in our Technical Section posted by one of our players.

I will also notify your dev about the problems you are experiencing to see if there's anything we can do from our side to solve this problem. Please keep me updated on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    That error basically means that the launcher isn't able to connect to our server to check which files it needs to download. The version.txt file is basically the server's file that tells your launcher at which version we are, so it then knows which files it needs to download from the launcher. Since this is your first installation, the reasons can be multiple:

1. Connection issues, that should be discarded. If your connection isn't stable, you might experience this error while installing the game.

2. Security issues: if your computer blocks our launcher in any way, this error could pop up. How to avoid it? First, you can momentarily disable your antivirus and firewall to check if the problem is related in any way with your security programs. If it works after you do that, you can solve it by adding our game to your exceptions lists (both launcher.exe, game.bin and the full game folder). Other problems sometimes are related to where the game is installed. I always recommend to keep it ourside Program Files and place it in your desktop or documents if you have windows 8, 8.1 or 10. Newer versions of windows doesn't ever grant you full admin privileges in anything installed in the Program Files, so when trying to update the client, windows blocks anything that tries to modify a folder installed there. Keeping it our that place can avoid several headaches now and in the future.

3. Always running the launcher as admin. As simple as right click on launcher.exe or in your launcher direct access icon, and choose "Run as Administrator" from the list that appears there.

4. Localization Issues: sometimes the list of files or any particular file might be having problem in a particular region in the world, since we use something called cdns to guarantee you can update your client at a decent pace regardless where you are. The best way to confirm this is what affects you is using a vpn that will mascarade your location. Localization problems aren't permanent and tends to vary over time, regardless, there's little you can do yourself to fix them other than using a vpn to patch. If the problem is indeed related to where you are located, it helps us to determine it as the issue so we can try to do something to fix it from our side.

5. A corrupted client: if there was any problem during the download of the client and your client is corrupted, you might get errors at the time of updating the client. Sadly in this case the only possible solution is to redownload the client. If you had any problems with the client from our website you will find an alternative option in our Technical Section posted by one of our players.

I will also notify your dev about the problems you are experiencing to see if there's anything we can do from our side to solve this problem. Please keep me updated on your progress.
    Unfortunately, nothing has worked.

LF: People to play with.
    Timezone: EST.