Being Geared for Nightmare Lament and Time Library(party)

I wanted to know what is considered geared for these dungeons? Like what Hp, Attack, and Pen benchmark is considered acceptable to the general public?

You're going to get different answers depending on who you ask, and what nightmare mode it is. The following is therefore adjusted around my own personal perception only, as there is no defined factual lines for this. I'm not really going to touch damage or HP thresholds as that is a rather silly metric. Damage stat doesn't entirely determine end damage dealt (it is but one single part of a very extensive equation), and something like an HP boosted Holy Sword may not actually be as geared as HP suggests, and so on. However, if you're below around 250k to 300k HP for Lament, you'll probably be looked at as too ungeared for it.

For Nightmare Lament, which is a level 90 dungeon, I'd say the bare minimum would be full fortified to +30 (most players I've talked to agree you should really be at or close to full +30 before thinking of doing any nightmares), ideally with level 90 stuffs, at least weapons. If you're level 95 with the level 95 accessories and level 95 trophies (elemental), this is better (as is S.Level 1 or beyond, of course). Without an advantaged class and/or good player, you may struggle somewhat with an all level 90s party in some cases, although certain players/classes beyond Awakening can sort of carry this now. Penetration doesn't matter much for this mode as I believe it's rather low. This is the lowest requirement (and oldest) nightmare.

I'm going to lump Time Library floors 1 through 9 in with the above. While these floors are perhaps "easier" than completing Lament (spiders!), here the penetration layer is way higher, but generally if you are geared enough to complete one, you can do the other. I think it starts at 135% for the lower floors, although for the higher floors (starting at 13?), the penetration goes way up more (155%?), so it's important to practically have almost all penetration you currently have, which means S.Level 1 or above weapons, enchant cards with 2% on armors and accessories and 3% on weapons, class potions, and the 2% (or 6%) penetration bonus from eidolon stories, all to reach 56%+ penetration (I believe currently the cap is 61% not counting the GK candy I am unfamiliar with and cannot find). Otherwise, your damage is drastically reduced to like 1% of whatever it is. Getting just a few % higher can drastically raise the damage you do.

Nightmare Trials (I know you didn't ask of this specifically) actually has a much lower penetration layer than the higher floors of Time Library as far as I've been told (35% or 135%, I forget?). However, people often ask for 58% or 61% penetration anyway (this basically means having it everywhere possible), probably just to ensure someone is relatively geared enough. The debuffs are way high, and I'm not too familiar with this mode as I've never really done it, but the requirements are highest here, and you essentially all but need a Lancer unfortunately, so most people just set up mostly static parties with a Lancer and debuff slaves.

Thank you, I have a better grasp of what I should be if I want to apply to such parties. Glad to know about Trials too, because I was going to go on a suicide solo run when I no longer cared about experience just to see how bad it was.

"Nightmares" as umbrella term works really bad, actually. Important stats are extremely varying between portions, and there's no such thing as "minimum gear" - you can have 600k HP and 1m DMG in Navea and still barely have any impact. Let me try and put thing in order of importance, rather than suggesting thresholds and benchmarks. HP doesn't really matter, as long as you don't die - be it through sustaining through pots, healing yourself with bard skills or just straight up not being the one who takes aggro, provided someone in the party can handle the heat, but 300k (in dungeon) is a solid number, and below 200k is generally "no gear". Don't build HP specifically, you get it a side product of gearing up (fortification) anyway. By the point of actually being able to enter, you want to have 2 crafted 90 weapons, and at least a lv. 80 enchantment card in every gear piece, which puts you at 36% PEN. DMG cards are obviously better, and are a good gold investment.

In order of importance, this is how you want to build your party (remember: the whole point of having five people is different abilities, not just raw damage). Top to bottom is generally the order you'll be comfortable clearing them.

TLN 1-9: Damage taken debuffs > DEF shred > DMG > PEN. PEN importance kinda grows every 3 floors, but you should be fine without having sky high values, as these floors are relatively harmless.
    N. Lament: Damage taken debuffs (essential) > DMG > DEF shred. PEN is inconsequential here, and DEF shred requirements are incredibly high. Focus on damage against dark targets (everything except for Taloc and Thunder Trolls is dark attribute).
    TLN 10-12: Damage taken debuffs > DEF shred > PEN > DMG
    TL Party Mode: DEF shred > DMG > PEN. Requires Lv100, be sure to adjust your gear first - 42+ PEN is essential.
    TLN 13-15: 57+ PEN (essential) > DEF shred > Damage taken debuffs > EVA shred/ACC buffs > DMG
    N. SOET: Damage taken debuffs > DEF shred > Damage dealt > PEN > DMG

There's a very easy pattern here, hope you see it.
    As such, if you're playing a class that can provide one or more of these - focus on that, rather than just throwing damage. Since current meta is built around lancer, try and improve perfrormance of party's dark skills when you have one - either through eidolons, or through gear/specs.
    Last edited by Lind; 10-20-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lind View Post
    "Nightmares" as umbrella term works really bad, actually. Important stats are extremely varying between portions, and there's no such thing as "minimum gear" - you can have 600k HP and 1m DMG in Navea and still barely have any impact. Let me try and put thing in order of importance, rather than suggesting thresholds and benchmarks. HP doesn't really matter, as long as you don't die - be it through sustaining through pots, healing yourself with bard skills or just straight up not being the one who takes aggro, provided someone in the party can handle the heat, but 300k (in dungeon) is a solid number, and below 200k is generally "no gear". Don't build HP specifically, you get it a side product of gearing up (fortification) anyway. By the point of actually being able to enter, you want to have 2 crafted 90 weapons, and at least a lv. 80 enchantment card in every gear piece, which puts you at 36% PEN. DMG cards are obviously better, and are a good gold investment.

In order of importance, this is how you want to build your party (remember: the whole point of having five people is different abilities, not just raw damage). Top to bottom is generally the order you'll be comfortable clearing them.

TLN 1-9: Damage taken debuffs > DEF shred > DMG > PEN. PEN importance kinda grows every 3 floors, but you should be fine without having sky high values, as these floors are relatively harmless.
    N. Lament: Damage taken debuffs (essential) > DMG > DEF shred. PEN is inconsequential here, and DEF shred requirements are incredibly high. Focus on damage against dark targets (everything except for Taloc and Thunder Trolls is dark attribute).
    TLN 10-12: Damage taken debuffs > DEF shred > PEN > DMG
    TL Party Mode: DEF shred > DMG > PEN. Requires Lv100, be sure to adjust your gear first - 42+ PEN is essential.
    TLN 13-15: 57+ PEN (essential) > DEF shred > Damage taken debuffs > EVA shred/ACC buffs > DMG
    N. SOET: Damage taken debuffs > DEF shred > Damage dealt > PEN > DMG

There's a very easy pattern here, hope you see it.
    As such, if you're playing a class that can provide one or more of these - focus on that, rather than just throwing damage. Since current meta is built around lancer, try and improve perfrormance of party's dark skills when you have one - either through eidolons, or through gear/specs.
    I didn't know what to ask exactly so I said benchmarks but this is definitely what I am looking for. Nice to know as a katar/crusader I have a little bit of everything and don't have to make trade offs to be useful.