Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Active User Jewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    817

    [Suggestion] Re-Promotion of Twin Saga.to & Endgame Value Increase

    Hi! Before you start reading, kindly keep in mind two things:
    1. Stay calm.
    2. If you can't contribute to the thread constructively, your point tends to get overlooked.


    A. Re-Promotion of Twin Saga.to

    What?
    Something similar to the previous FB Event may pull people to the TS.to site. Maybe even a special limited-time-only recruitment event as well if that isn't too much. I think FB is your main promotion media so making use of that would be consistent and effective.

    Why?
    This is currently the only Twin Saga Private Server that I know of. It's been up for more than a year now and that stability has always been a selling point. (AK.to has been up for more than 4 years now.) Content-wise it isn't far from TWAS at all. Sure it just needs a bit of translating at around Lv80+ content, but it's definitely there, alright.

    There are new players here and there and I myself have only played for almost a month now. Most of them always ask the question, "where is everyone?" and answering them with the cold hard truth makes me cry a little inside. Especially when they decide to leave because they feel that "there is no community" existing.

    I am definitely loving Twin Saga so far... it just needs a bit more love from all sides.

    When?
    I'm assuming there will be the Lv90+ content in a few months. That may be the best time to do this. Though I guess there isn't really any reason why it can't happen anytime soon either.

    =====================================

    B. Endgame Value Increase

    I know, I know, every MMORPG has its foundation resting on gearing up to be able to farm for the next set of gear. Having only that as a reason to gear up seems bland. But that's just it, you keep it alive by building on that foundation.

    I understand that AK.to and TS.to are totally separate games, but sometimes having similarities isn't bad.

    AK.to has custom Nightmare Dungeons and Sky Tower Hell Mode Raids that have pretty good drops coming out of there. It gives players, especially new players, more incentive to improve their gears from their free Lv80 Armor Drops to that tasty S1 Awakened Equipment. You, your team, and the AK Community made AK.to into something unique and that's amazing. That's what gets people in and what makes them stay.

    Maybe that might work for TS.to as well. Your promotion rotations for both games are doing it's job so far to keep a portion of the current playerbase and entice more new players. I figure you'd be waiting for Lv90+ content in TS (Nightmare Dungeons in AK are available at Lv90+) before making custom endgame dungeons though and that's okay.

    So what can be worked with right now? I would say Raids. Raids in TS need 10 people to queue. And oftentimes, there is only one raid happening at a single timeslot which is peaktime at 2PM Server Time. Personally, TS Raids doesn't seem useful for veteran players. Sure they can help their guild gear up, especially those that are trying to progress from their Lv60-65 gear. You can get Raid Star Points which you can buy Gold Skill Book Pages, expensive Senshi Evolution Stones, and Starstone Evolution Crystals. But usually the ones that need those are people that don't have them. What else can a veteran player get out of raid?

    I'm Lv87 using Lv75 Raid Weapon + Lv65 Neroka's Gear that I got for free, I already have the Gold Skill I need, the Senshi Evolution Stones don't seem worth the price, and most of my Starstones are already evolved. I can already do most of the LP dungeons by myself (including party ones). Mind you, I've only been playing TS.to for almost a month and while I do not consider myself a veteran player of TS, I feel that doing Raids doesn't have much to add to my progress. I'm not entirely sure what can be added to Raids to make it worth to keep running for a long, long time.

    ====================================

    It would be nice to have the rest of the community add input.

    Thank you for reading them long blocks of text. /).(\

  2. #2
    Active User Shien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Overworld
    Posts
    105
    It would be nice to use two puzzles to put one for new players, maybe if possible with less tiers but with intransible content like those of lp to avoid abuse, maybe with recipes for weapons and armor, star stones or materials, i do not say that there must be legendary end-of-game equipment, but if epic recipes

  3. #3
    Active User Dalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    42
    I would love to see Improvement in that way. The Server isnt bad or anything, just like you said it needs more love from everyone. I keep coming back and quit right after a week because it feels empty, but I know that there are still ppl who love this game. It would be sad to keep it that way, a new fb event would be a great Idea to get more ppl to play it maybe even new ones. A change for the Raid is a good Idea, but sadly I am not that far yet to give any suggestions ^^

    ~ Dalia ~ Guardian/Lance
    ~ Dalolia ~ Guardian/Lance

  4. #4
    Active User Jewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    817
    Adding for discussion's sake. Taken from TS.to Discord. /).(\



    ============================

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalia View Post
    I would love to see Improvement in that way. The Server isnt bad or anything, just like you said it needs more love from everyone. I keep coming back and quit right after a week because it feels empty, but I know that there are still ppl who love this game. It would be sad to keep it that way, a new fb event would be a great Idea to get more ppl to play it maybe even new ones. A change for the Raid is a good Idea, but sadly I am not that far yet to give any suggestions ^^
    Yeah the game is amazing really. x_x Just feels sad when people quit playing less than a week cause they don't see anyone else around. /).(\ I know AK.to had a bit of downtime as well before new content and even more custom content was added. I hope TS.to sprouts back to life just like that.

  5. #5

    The main issues

    TS has a lot of problems, I will name a few of them

    Lets start with the most obvious one that only applies to new people, Im talking about gearing up. New people lack the gear to farm large amounts of gold, they can of course farm senshi stones and sell these but the rate of these senshi stone boxes are a joke, 90% of the time you get either 1 or 2 senshi stones out of them, they are 3g each at the moment and new players are really limited on what dungeons they can actually solo especially if god forbid they chose a class thats fun to them and not one of the highest dps classes. The solution for this would either be to increase the rate a little that you don't only get 1-2 stones out of the boxes or make it double drop so you always get at least 2 stones out of the boxes.

    The next problem is the raid, I know that the raid is not super hard or anything but currently it is not rewarding at all. Sky Tower Hell was saving Aura Kingdom because it gave people something to do again which actually rewarded them. In the TS raid you maybe get 1000 tokens each run and you can only run once a day, 1 Senshi stone costs 500 tokens thats 2 senshi stones per raid and you need 400 to finish 1 senshi, Im not sure if that Item is a troll or if someone made that list who has no knowledge about the game at all. The only other useful item is 3 and 4 star evolution stones and once you are done with those raid becomes useless which is a bad thing because raids are the only things that keep games like these alive.

    The next issue is of course the playerbase and lack of any economy. Right now we mostly have chinese players that use their own client so if they link a item in trade chat you are not able to see which item they sell. The auction house is empty most of the time and it is pretty hard to farm enough items to craft your gear because the rates are pretty low and we don't have enough players farming materials.

    The next issue is the class exp rate, currently we have 2 dungeons that give you class exp, Chess and LP dungeon crocodile. Both of these are pretty hard in party mode for classes like cleric, occultist or squishy classes like hunter. The problem is that you need to run party modes as well to get decent exp since these dungeons have 1 and 2 hours cooldown, these dungeons are not spammed by people so you end up having to solo them which is not possible for squishy classes unless they have the best gear in the game. The solution for this is pretty hard, either the exp in the solo modes of these dungeons should be higher or normal dungeons should give more class exp.

    Next thing I want to address are the worldbosses, the worldbosses in the end game maps are really hard to kill and we don't have the man power all the time to keep killing them and even if we get a few people to kill them once in a while the rate for the important items is 0,1% so you need to kill them a average of 500 times to get 1 of the gold trinkets, that is just not possible with our playerbase. The next issue are some of the low level worldbosses die too fast but also drop interesting head outfits but they never spawn because someone seems to kill them non stop as soon as they spawn. The solution for this would be for low level worldbosses make them spawn faster maybe every 1 or 2 hours, for the high level bosses why not add their chest to raid rewards? That gives more people a reason to run raid and gives everyone a chance to actually get these trinkets because the worldbosses are just standing there no one bothers to take the large amount of time to kill them or can even survive their attacks.

    At the last point I wanna address is the depressing server hunt goal, we really need to lower the amount of bosses killed to get the server hunt rewards, I know its not supposed to be easy but there is no way we can reach these numbers with our playerbase, most of the time a raid boss is required to be killed 1200 times and we only have 20 people running raid every day which makes it just impossible to reach that goal. WE can only do raid once a day so even if we would spam like crazy we just can't reach that goal, so it would be really nice to change the amounts needed to fit our playerbase. It is really depressing to see a goal every month that you can't reach.

    Thanks to anyone who took their time reading this and sorry if my english is bad it is not my first language.

  6. #6
    Active User Sangh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Forsaken Province
    Posts
    228
    I'm so glad to see you guys being all turnt up for this, really. I couldn't agree more with all of these problems and suggestions.
    The sad thing, however, is that we've been begging for changes for more than a year now and we barely got a clear standpoint on this.

    As for server's Monster Hunt, there was a little discussion about it, actually.
    Aura used the phrase "The Server Challenge might seem quite impossible at the moment, but if you suceed, our players will receive up to x100 Astral Crystals." on a maint thread
    and a player explained how this sounded like mockery in our current situation. Which -let's be honest- does sound like it given the numbers.
    This was her reaction:

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    There's no intention to mock any of you. I pay a lot of attention to the monster hunt prizes so that the good prizes aren't exclusive of the server challenge. In many ocassions, Solo Challenge are even more generous than Guild Challenge. I know exactly our player base situation. But in order to make the three challenges doable with our current amount of people online, they wouldn't be a Server or even a Guild Challenge. We would have to decrease them so much that the three would be Solo Challenges instead. Giving different prizes for basically three Solo Challenges isn't fair either. I always try to put the prizes in a way that, even by completely the 1st or the 2nd challenge, you will at least get something good.

    So, it's a safe bet that there won't be any changes at all.
    Which is totally fair; it just doesn't look too well to new players when they are overwhelmed with that high numbers.

    And the last time she told us something more detailed about TS itself, was this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    We work with what we have. At the current status of Twin Saga, the game is almost "abandoned" (as you call it) by XL himself. The population in Aeria is almost non existant. Here itself, we barely scratch the 50 players online in daily basis. Let me be clear: a game is not auto-sufficient and can exist for a long time with 50 players online. Donations are barely unexistant, and even Twin Saga's hosts are currently payed by the income that Aura Kingdom generates.

    As fun and loving as our small community is in this server, we as staff needs to be objective and reasonable about our goals here. The only reason this server is still online its because we have the resources to keep it open and because, basically, admin and dev are working for free to what it comes to twin saga (since the game doesn't make actually any profit).

    We are even working to bring you new content, even knowing that -with luck- this could mean an increase in the population of 20, 30 players (which means the game would still not make any income). We update you in weekly basis with the astral puzzle and promotions because we are aware at the moment is the only thing that keeps the game semi-alive. But we do it at the pace we can, considering we would have to neglect our obligations to steady up the speed.

    Now, if it was a matter of good will only, we would love to customize the game in order to make it more appealing. But that is a risky decision that we simply cannot make. Customize the game means months of work, cause anything custom made takes double or triple the time that it does to add official content. Working for months with the hope or maybe doubling our current player base it's not a hopeful scenario: it still would be a very low player base.

    I know this is not the scenario you are hoping for, and I understand how disappointing it is. But be no mistaken, the current status of the player base has nothing to do with the lack of content, or the lack of customized content, or the lack of "attention" by the staff. The current status of the player base has everything to do with the game itself, something proven in every official version of this game already. There's an extent of magic we can work to fight against that fact, and -like for any human being, I imagine- an extent of sacrifices you are willing to do when you are in this situation.

    We are still hopeful for the game, otherwise we would have close it already. It would be better than reading this type of comments, and feeling the constant disappointment of people. Given the situation, it won't be long until the OS version reaches the same destiny than Dragomon did and ends up closing, which could means for us an increasement in our daily server population. The new content will surely bring some new faces to the game too, and even if it won't be completely ground breaking, it will feel as a renovation.

    I imagine that if all of you are still here, its because you share those common hopeful thoughts, and believes that the current situation isn't completely doomed.

    It could be just me, but I'm not sure if this is a satisfying response to player's suggestions on improvement :c
    Even though the last line sure is true...we all do still have hopes for TS's well-being.


    Twin Saga ►► Sangh
    Kharybdis ◄◄ Aura Kingdom

  7. #7
    thank you for your good job Aura and the TS team.

  8. #8
    Active User Jewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by yungsung View Post
    Lets start with the most obvious one that only applies to new people, Im talking about gearing up. New people lack the gear to farm large amounts of gold, they can of course farm senshi stones and sell these but the rate of these senshi stone boxes are a joke, 90% of the time you get either 1 or 2 senshi stones out of them, they are 3g each at the moment and new players are really limited on what dungeons they can actually solo especially if god forbid they chose a class thats fun to them and not one of the highest dps classes. The solution for this would either be to increase the rate a little that you don't only get 1-2 stones out of the boxes or make it double drop so you always get at least 2 stones out of the boxes.
    I don't think anyone new would spend about 6 hours of the day farming 100 Senshi Stones (which is 3g/ea on the average). If it was me, I'd just go further up into content thinking I have more opportunities. And if I have absolutely no choice, I'd most likely quit since it doesn't feel newbie-friendly.

    If it's about gearing up, I got stuck at Lv77 on God Tower. Had I not gotten a Lv75 Raid Weapon (I had help, of course.) I would still be stuck there. Gold farming solo dungeons seems decent enough though if you have the free Lv65 +50 Neroka's Equipment. If you get Senshi Stones out of the dungeon, as a new player, I would keep it for myself instead and use the gold for gear crafting costs.

    Personally it would be nice to see Senshi Stones on LP Mall permanently. Gives new players a chance to catch up and fuels collectors to keep playing and do that for all senshis instead of only the ones they need. And seriously, 400 Senshi Stones per Senshi means 24 hours of farming just to 4* one Senshi. /).(\ That may seem reasonable since it's a choice to spend that much time playing a game in a week, but after a while you would ignore all other senshis except the ones you use in-battle cause you get burnt out farming that much. :/

    Quote Originally Posted by yungsung View Post
    The next problem is the raid, I know that the raid is not super hard or anything but currently it is not rewarding at all. Sky Tower Hell was saving Aura Kingdom because it gave people something to do again which actually rewarded them. In the TS raid you maybe get 1000 tokens each run and you can only run once a day, 1 Senshi stone costs 500 tokens thats 2 senshi stones per raid and you need 400 to finish 1 senshi, Im not sure if that Item is a troll or if someone made that list who has no knowledge about the game at all. The only other useful item is 3 and 4 star evolution stones and once you are done with those raid becomes useless which is a bad thing because raids are the only things that keep games like these alive.
    500 Raid Tokens for 1 Senshi Stone makes me ignore it's presence in the Raid Shop. T^T Since I can get 1 Senshi Stone doing 1 dungeon that drops it pretty quickly. AK Raid made me feel the need to do them because it's a more efficient way to spend my game time. TS Raid is the opposite for me. After the 3 and 4 star evolution stones, you're pretty much left with nothing to do raid for.

    I'm assuming Aura can add items to the Raid Shop (like she had those Ancient Gold Skill Pages). Maybe a Random World Boss Box would be a nice addition. I'd like to see Magic Modeling Feather (from the Gold Desert PVP Shop) in there too since PVP hardly starts. A more reasonable price on the Senshi Stone would be great as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by yungsung View Post
    The next issue is of course the playerbase and lack of any economy. Right now we mostly have chinese players that use their own client so if they link a item in trade chat you are not able to see which item they sell. The auction house is empty most of the time and it is pretty hard to farm enough items to craft your gear because the rates are pretty low and we don't have enough players farming materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by yungsung View Post
    The next issue is the class exp rate, currently we have 2 dungeons that give you class exp, Chess and LP dungeon crocodile. Both of these are pretty hard in party mode for classes like cleric, occultist or squishy classes like hunter. The problem is that you need to run party modes as well to get decent exp since these dungeons have 1 and 2 hours cooldown, these dungeons are not spammed by people so you end up having to solo them which is not possible for squishy classes unless they have the best gear in the game. The solution for this is pretty hard, either the exp in the solo modes of these dungeons should be higher or normal dungeons should give more class exp.
    Some people are willing to translate at least. I think there are some who can't speak English fluently (hence the Nationality-based Guilds). Everything else boils to the lack of players in the first place so I suggested the re-promotion of the server.

    Quote Originally Posted by yungsung View Post
    Next thing I want to address are the worldbosses, the worldbosses in the end game maps are really hard to kill and we don't have the man power all the time to keep killing them and even if we get a few people to kill them once in a while the rate for the important items is 0,1% so you need to kill them a average of 500 times to get 1 of the gold trinkets, that is just not possible with our playerbase. The next issue are some of the low level worldbosses die too fast but also drop interesting head outfits but they never spawn because someone seems to kill them non stop as soon as they spawn. The solution for this would be for low level worldbosses make them spawn faster maybe every 1 or 2 hours, for the high level bosses why not add their chest to raid rewards? That gives more people a reason to run raid and gives everyone a chance to actually get these trinkets because the worldbosses are just standing there no one bothers to take the large amount of time to kill them or can even survive their attacks.
    XD Agreed on this. Same suggestion as I had (world boss boxes in raid rewards).

    Quote Originally Posted by yungsung View Post
    At the last point I wanna address is the depressing server hunt goal, we really need to lower the amount of bosses killed to get the server hunt rewards, I know its not supposed to be easy but there is no way we can reach these numbers with our playerbase, most of the time a raid boss is required to be killed 1200 times and we only have 20 people running raid every day which makes it just impossible to reach that goal. WE can only do raid once a day so even if we would spam like crazy we just can't reach that goal, so it would be really nice to change the amounts needed to fit our playerbase. It is really depressing to see a goal every month that you can't reach.
    Mmm, well the server does get a free EXP and Gold boost permanently. I don't know if that's due to the Server Hunt Goal never being completed though.

    Quote Originally Posted by yungsung View Post
    Thanks to anyone who took their time reading this and sorry if my english is bad it is not my first language.
    You're English is fine, please. \o/ Thank you for taking the time to think about how to make the server better!

  9. #9
    Active User Jewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangh View Post
    I'm so glad to see you guys being all turnt up for this, really. I couldn't agree more with all of these problems and suggestions.
    The sad thing, however, is that we've been begging for changes for more than a year now and we barely got a clear standpoint on this.

    As for server's Monster Hunt, there was a little discussion about it, actually.
    Aura used the phrase "The Server Challenge might seem quite impossible at the moment, but if you suceed, our players will receive up to x100 Astral Crystals." on a maint thread
    and a player explained how this sounded like mockery in our current situation. Which -let's be honest- does sound like it given the numbers.
    This was her reaction:


    So, it's a safe bet that there won't be any changes at all.
    Which is totally fair; it just doesn't look too well to new players when they are overwhelmed with that high numbers.

    And the last time she told us something more detailed about TS itself, was this:


    It could be just me, but I'm not sure if this is a satisfying response to player's suggestions on improvement :c
    Even though the last line sure is true...we all do still have hopes for TS's well-being.
    Thank you for this. Although that was quite depressing to read, it doesn't make it any less true. T^T I still hope there is something that can be worked on with minimal effort and hope those small changes can make it better and more appealing for the general population.

    ================================================== ============

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsOlivia View Post
    thank you for your good job Aura and the TS team.
    Uh. Did you mistake this for a Maintenance Patchnotes thread? /).(\


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •