New Users

"Swallowed" tokens when purchasing Ancient Eidolon Fragments

So I was buying the fragments to do the boxes for faster Tigerius Caesar eidolon key completion, and I bought them at bulk from Master Brawler Katrina.

After the deduction of 300 tokens, I discovered I had...1 single piece of ancient fragment. The rest of the 29 were missing.

Ive bought fragments from her before and even other mastery npcs, 2 at a time, just to check if this would happen, today is the first time they majorly ****d me.

So...what triggers this and how to avoid it?

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by KuroSpecter; 09-18-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Each box gives 1 key fragment so you need x10 >30 ancient eidolon fragments for 1 fragment
    if you did it right yes something went wrong
    "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
    Artist > Light Balance
    https://tinyurl.com/y9va3fvo

I think you're underestimating how many tokens you need. 300 tokens is supposed to yield one key fragment, so it takes 3,000 for a full key. If you're looking to get 30 key fragments to have enough to three star it, you'd therefore need 9,000 tokens.

I wouldn't take the route of using tokens to get any eidolons, unless you have an excess of tokens and are desperate for an extra key fragment or two, but en masse, it's an inefficient use of tokens. It's more effieicent (though it still takes a bit of time) to get the so-called "basic" eidolons just by doing all the Sanctuary stuff every day on as many characters as you can. If you're in a guild that has a guild hall, try and be around for spawns of those too. If you're newer and not far along yet, then there's only more of an argument to save those tokens, as they are far more valuable for masteries, or the level 50 PVP stuffs that needs tokens to get (a few eidolon prayers want these). You get a lot doing the quests so it may seem like you have a lot to spare, but that won't always be the case (unless you do dailies every day or something).

New Users
    I know the cost, I have perfectly functioning eyes, its not a big deal so Im not gonna bother anymore, I was just asking.

Im not sure if you guys didnt understand the context, but I was purely referring to ancient frags, not key frags.
    Last edited by KuroSpecter; 09-18-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Oh, okay, I was under the assumption you were expecting 29 other (key) fragments. Sorry, I totally misread/misunderstood it. If you used 30 tokens, you should have indeed gotten 30 ancient eidolon fragments.