Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Summer Contest] Azuria's Official Traveling Agency

[Summer Contest]
    Azuria's Official Travelling Agency
    Summer time is that time of the year when azurians have some little extra time in their hands. It's the perfect time for holidays, for meeting new people and places, and to find new and exciting ways to spend your time. The romantic, the adventurous, even the lazy type has a perfect activity designed to fullfill their desires.

But gathering all this information isn't a simple task! The Committee of Azurian Travelling, Commerce and Entertainment is looking for new Travel Agents to help us promote all the fun activities you can do this holidays. There is a total of three available positions, and the most talented azurians can get a spot.

Event Details:
    - What to do this Summer in Azuria?
    You will have to choose a location or an activity and promote it.
    Take at least one screenshot to illustrate your post (it can be edited).
    Sell the location or the activity to other players explaning what you can do there, most interesting spots, etc.
    (For example: You can choose a town or a location inside a map / You can choose a dungeon / You can choose a profession / You can choose a mission, etc)

- This will be both a screenshot and writting contest.
    We will judge the visuals of your post. We will also judge how creative you have been to describe the place or activity and make it look interesting. You can use a fun tone or a more formal one. You can present your post as a postal, as a brochure, a publicity, etc.

- This will be a role playing contest.
    It is important you describe the location from a character's perspective and talking to other characters about it.

- You will have time to submit and/or edit your post until August 14. You will be able to post one entry. In the entry, several locations or activities can be described (You can, for example, dedicate your post to a single map). Locations can be repeated among the contestants since hardly two entries will look the same. Regardless, keep in mind originality will be taken into consideration when judging the event.

- We will select a total of three winners. Each winner will be able to choose between Nidhogg's and Alucard's Summer Feast Bag, and between the Summer Sailor Flirty Set or the Summer Surfing Set.

Sorry i still dont get it @[email protected] uhh is it like showing ppl places in screenshot so we can attract tourist or something? so min 1 screenshot and no maximum right?
    is it only a 1 person screenshot or can we allow other players to join in too? maybe as background or something?
    Last edited by Airisviel; 08-07-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airisviel View Post
    Sorry i still dont get it @[email protected] uhh is it like showing ppl places in screenshot so we can attract tourist or something? so min 1 screenshot and no maximum right?
    is it only a 1 person screenshot or can we allow other players to join in too? maybe as background or something?
    It's like you making a brochure.
    You can for example, choose a map (let's say Helonia, for example purposes) and show the different locations you can visit there. You can add one or more screenshot of the place and a description of the activities you could do there.

You can also choose a specific location on a map. Let's say you only want to showcase Audience Chamber in Navea. You could write the possible activities there, history, etc.

Or you could also choose a specific activity. Let's say for example you want to advertise dailies. You could take a screenshot or do a banner, post some examples and images.

It might be done in a fictional way. For instance, you could talk about Belenus and Emma's history when talking about the Audience Chamber. Or speak about Venus if you decide to promote Nightmare SOET

The tone of the post, as said, you choose it yourself. It can be a more formal tone, you can make it look like an actual publicity, or it can be an humorous publications. As for the screenshots, you can show only backgrounds, you can SS NPCs, you can show your and/or other characters, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    It's like you making a brochure.
    You can for example, choose a map (let's say Helonia, for example purposes) and show the different locations you can visit there. You can add one or more screenshot of the place and a description of the activities you could do there.

You can also choose a specific location on a map. Let's say you only want to showcase Audience Chamber in Navea. You could write the possible activities there, history, etc.

Or you could also choose a specific activity. Let's say for example you want to advertise dailies. You could take a screenshot or do a banner, post some examples and images.

It might be done in a fictional way. For instance, you could talk about Belenus and Emma's history when talking about the Audience Chamber. Or speak about Venus if you decide to promote Nightmare SOET

The tone of the post, as said, you choose it yourself. It can be a more formal tone, you can make it look like an actual publicity, or it can be an humorous publications. As for the screenshots, you can show only backgrounds, you can SS NPCs, you can show your and/or other characters, etc.
    Oh! thank you Aura!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Or speak about Venus if you decide to promote Nightmare SOET
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Hello!..."

"Hey!..."

"Hey wait! You there! Yes, you!"

This is tiring...

"All of you! Stop... stop buying things... and sitting around on your mounts... and listen!"

"Hey... hey! Wai... oh, not you..."

Anyway...

*attempts to continue distributing brochures*

"Hey! Are you looking for a fun time!? Are you looking for an adventure? Are you looking for a place with a lot to offer? Come discover Port Morton, and make for an unforgettable adventure to add alongside all those 'just another year vacationing in Helonia Coast'. Add a splash of freshness to your adventure any time with the town of Port Morton!"

"This small but bustling town offers a lot to see and do, without weighing you down with too much of the hustle of Navea!"

*gets threatened to to be removed from Navea for disturbing the peace*

"Oops! Anyway... there's so much to see and do. Port Morton is a hub of trade, commerce, and architect (guess who built Navea!?.. I better keep those parts quiet...), and has a lively atmosphere for residents who have decided to call it home, with beautiful homes along the sea and canal with gorgeous views. If something more quiet is to your liking, there's even a low-key part of town for you, and night time walks throughout town can be quiet and romantic! Businesses of many trades call Port Morton their home, and full of opportunity, you can too!"

"The Boardwalk offers cuisines of various types of delicacies for all tastes! Whether you want a hearty meal of filling noodles, a delicacy of... tentacles (?), or a sweet treat of cotton candy, you can find it here. The various offerings change daily, and include many tasty fishes, some found only in the region, and other vendors for your grocer needs, all of which will be sure to satisfy a variety of tastes."

"This is also a popular fishing spot for fishers, but there's also off hours for those who wish to fish in more seclusion. There's also boats to rent to fish (or.. do anything your mind wishes...) in seclusion as well! Try your luck in fishing competitions, or to make your own tasty meal. Rumors of fish with materials for growing rich and stronger are abound as well!"

"Is upholding the safety, peace, or just fighting, battling, and growing stronger more your thing? There's something here for you, too! Many tainted monsters would like to have this perfect place be their toy of torture, but the very best guards, of which you can be a part of, ensure it stays safe. The rumors of monster infestations are purely false, and stirred up by other tourism and advertising agencies to draw attention away from Port Morton! With no dungeon within the region, it is safe, and the monsters that are here were a limited thing, tainted by sources currently being investigated and are no looming threat to be concerned with long-term. If you're a bright envoy of Gaia and wish to uphold all that is well, this is the place and time for you, too!"

"There is so much more than just beaches as an attraction here, too! The absolutely serene meadows and fields decorate the region with beautiful Greenery alongside paths with the best views offering landscapes dotted with trees, mountains, waterfalls, islands, rock formations, and so, so much more."

"And so much more than just that, there's luscious and gorgeous forests too full of views, and atmospheres of awe! Take a hike, or go camping, or perhaps on an adventure for discoveries or treasures. The possibilities are boundless! The local wildlife is something to behold, but be careful, for it can be tough and will test under-prepared and careless wanderers! Many recent discoveries have drawn explorers and adventures wishing to uncover more of the secrets of the past and to stake their name alongside important discoveries, some that may pertain to Azuria at large."

"So.. what are you waiting for!?!? Grab your adventurous half... and explore! Grab your culinary desires... and taste the delight! Grab your fishing gear... and create the next big cuisine! Grab your heroic will... and grow and get stronger! And deeeefinitely grab your best swim wear... and get wet, for the beaches are still great! Come dive in and explore the next part of your own journey with one of the absolute best places Azuria has to offer!"

I hope I did this relatively correctly. It's wayyyy to hard to pick an absolute favorite map for me; there's just so many great ones so I would guess I have a few, but Port Morton is one of my favorites (and despite my teasing of Helonia Coast and Navea, I love both of those maps, too). I have some nostalgic moments for some of the older ones, but I feel Port Morton is underappreciated and under-visited aside from the few fishers (not having a dungeon and being a relatively later will do this?), and were this a map done earlier in the game's life, to make it a more prominent and impressionable place in the quest line rather than the start of the "short quest line maps", there's no doubt I'd be much more firm thinking it was the best. I love taking screenshots among a few maps, one being Port Morton, so I decided to choose it. Also, no Noah's nor feelings of any Noah's were hurt in the making of this promotion, I hope... I mean, I promise. All questions or concerns (or complaints of hurt feelings) should be directed at the Port Morton Promotion Agency.
    Last edited by Miss_Garnet; 08-09-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Garnet View Post
    "Hello!..." Port Morton is one of my favorites.
    me too Port Morton one of my fav map I'll go there xD
    "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"

"You there! Yes, you! Are you tired of the hustle and bustle of busy city life in Navea? Love cute sheep, cows, farming, potentially giant fights between guy with swords and girls with butterfly wings? Well, do I have the place for you! Consider coming down to Candetonn Hill, the beautiful small farming town perfect for your next vacation. Whether you like sight seeing, animal watching, or just wanna get away from the Auction House, Candetonn is the place for you!"

"Even though at first glance this may just seem like any other small town, I assure you this town has everything you could ever ask for and more! Featuring beautiful scenery, fishing, gathering, adorable wildlife and much more"
    "The autumn leaves make for beautiful pictures to share with your friends and family, and the fresh Candetonn milk makes a great souvenir to bring back from your trip! Or, you can cook it into some delicious Gourmet Creme Brulee or Misty Heaven"
    "We're one of the only places in Azuria you can get these beautiful views, as we're one of the only towns with a permanent fall season."

"Look at how cute this little guy is! I'd go on vacation just to take pictures with them!"

"But don't just take our words for it, listen to this family who recently visited Candetonn!"

“We loved every minute of our trip! The scenery was lovely, and the pictures we took were even better! The autumn leaves, the green hills and even the ruins all made for amazing scenic views!”
    "The cows' milk was some of the most amazing we've ever tasted. Getting to get up close with the cows and get the milk straight from the barrels was a really fun experience."

"The biggest suprise for us were the ruins outside of the town! Absolutely breathtaking to see a piece of ancient history so close. They were some of the most beautiful things we've ever seen. Sadly we didn't get to see the fight first hand, but we'll never forget how long that cut scene was the first time we went here!"

“I’d definitely recommend coming here if you get the chance, it’s a one in a lifetime opportunity and the perfect vacation spot to get away from Navea. The townspeople were also so welcoming compared to all the cranky, loud, and obnoxious people always crowding the auction houses in Navea. Our daughter was able to make some great friends.”

"Well, you heard it from them! Located in the beautiful North-East of Azuria, lies this amazing town. Full of life, history, and so much more! Love fishing? Love gathering? Love archaeology? No? Me neither but we still have that! We have something for absolutely everyone! What are you waiting for?"

Candetonn is definitely one of my favorite maps in the whole game, it reminds me a lot of my home, especially during the fall time. The sheep are probably the cutest mobs in the whole game and I always feel awful when the townspeople make me kill them for quests. Anyways, I hope I did this correctly, half of the pictures are supposed to be from the Candetonn board of Travel and the other half are supposed to be polaroid/photo album style photos.
    IGN: Sucre
    Last edited by Sucre; 08-14-2018 at 04:01 AM.
    Sucre ❖ S10 ❖ Sorc/Shuri ❖ Catalyst ❖
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚(◕‿◕✿)

"Oh, hello there~! Saw you looking for some nice activities to do. I got a perfect solution for you! ♥ I'm sure you will enjoy doing what I'm gonna introduce to you."

"Fishing in Azuria is a relaxing, fun thing which you can do whenever you're free. It's one of professions you can do in the game, I could say the very best."
    "Because, wouldn't you catch this cute fish?"

"Every map you can go to has its own fishing spot with various types of fish. You can catch a swordfish, a tuna or even a turtle"
    "Each of fish you catch will give you different, useful items which you could use to make gold or use to craft fishing gears"

"But you could ask me: Where do I find all the fishing spots? Are they anywhere? The answer is: find an icon with green fish, then click on it. After that you can start fishing"

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a flying fish!"

"Fishing as a profession gives you various bonuses after leveling up. At level 10, you get dmg stat +2476, which is a dream of many players to increase their stats and look better in STH screenshots. You will also get a very cute panel with fish icon on it."
    "You can also go AFK fishing, which will give you a lot of fish to open after you come back. Your finger will die, but the gold you earn is worth! Eventually, you could feed some birds with the fish you got."

"What makes fishing more fun is that you can go do it along with your friends and kill each other's penguins if they spawn or just laugh at each other for not being able to catch the fish you want"

"But in the end, all you need to do is get fishing gears strong enough to catch fish king from desolate valley."

I hope I did it correctly Fishing is definetely one of my favourite things to do in Azuria, so I was left with no other choice but to promote it ♫
    IGN:EleN

"Hey you! Looking for a vacation spot but you're not sure where to go? Tired of going to the same old spots (looking at you, Helonia Coast)? Then do I have the place for you!"

"Star Sand Desert! Now I know what you're thinking: "Why would anyone vacation in a desert? Won't it be hot and...full of sand? What could possibly be in a desert besides, well, sand?" Well, I'm so glad you asked!"

"Do you like fishing? Wondering how in Azuria there could be fish in a desert? Then perhaps you should quiet down and let me explain.See this building here?"

"Behind it is a nice, quiet fishing area (not too many people)"

"Perhaps fishing isn't your thing, or maybe you're the adventerous type. Maybe you even enjoy a little excitement/danger in your life (though why would you). If any of those describe you, then I recommend going on down to Ozymand Temple!"

"In here, you may come across monsters such as Murfeo"

"Don't forget Helakar"

"And last but not least, Talamund, a very....strange looking demon"

"If you're looking for an even greater challenge because Ozymand Temple was just tooo easy for you, there's always Lavalord"

"Not hard to miss, with that giant axe he carries. Watch out though, he burned my eyebrows off the last time I tried fighting him."

"You must be hungry after all that, no? Then I recommend stopping on by the food carts"

"There's quite a number of different foods (mostly healthy. Nothing I can do about that folks. Last time I tried complaining, I'm sure the vendors were ready to throw everything they had at me)."

"Whatever you decide to do, I truly hope you enjoy your stay in Star Sand Desert!"

Star Sand Desert's not all that bad a place, despite all the sand, and well..sand. xp
    IGN:Myre
    Last edited by Wynne; 08-13-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    AK: Myre-Ravager/Crusader

TS: Myre- Dragonknight

Hey Guys and Gals, you home at your computer? Wondering what to do? Are your parents nagging to get a more 'social, outdoor and wholesome activity in life'? Maybe even get a girlfriend/boyfriend in your life? Well am gonna make sure you stay away from all that, at least a little while longer this summer! I know what you're thinking, summer time's for the beach, right? Bah! Who needs that gimmick,sand all over your face, stroking heat, not to mention the bugs, crowds and noise (I know none of that exists ingame, just use your imagination will ya?)

So how about we get away from all that norm and go to a place where you could really chill...literally!

Our first stop is the local foods, after all that traveling am sure you must be starved for eat. Here in the chefs prepare delicate cuisine of seafood and wine but their speciality, and affordable in a reasonable amount of price, is their Blizzard Berg ice cream! What's special about it? The ice cream is said to be magically enchanted that it NEVER MELTS...so long as you stay in the map!

Our next feature in the local is the fishing spots, there is always a boat that floats...your boat! Get what am saying? Despite being covered in ice for some reason the water is still wet enough to allow fish to swim! Youc an swim too if you like, though I wouldn't recommend it without at least some wine. What do you think? (Please don't say "I like turtles" or I'll murder you, you zombie!)

But wait there's also for sappy couples here too! We also reenact the scene from Titanic! Only even better! We have Romeo and Juliet on the iceberg! Where's the ship? The shipping is there! You can't sink this shipping, EVER! (I mean c'mon you probably see these guys everywhere in every other world map and...hey just look at that nice boat will ya!)

Moving on from the locale town and towards the scenic views, we have the Spring valley! Fresh, warm and yellow sno--, just fresh and warm! No am sure the water is safely drinkable. The place is the perfect getaway from all the freezing climate, enough to dump your nagging wife here from the rest of your tour...or even if you don't like the rest of the freezing cold yourself. Look, just bear me with a bit longer ok?

Moving on to greater heights, there's nothing the summits of Silent Ice Hill can't offer, especially gravity, I mean graves of falling to certain death, I mean, you will fall in love with the view! Well....you can also jump down to a suicidal death but please don't, I swear we're halfway done with this boring tour and it's almost to the actual exciting parts!

Looking towards architectural wonders, we have the frozen Citadel located just southwest of the map, impossible to miss where one of AK's popular celebrities reside! Let's go have a visit shall we?

"Pass? Whaddya mean Pass? And who you call'in a shammer, bud? Look you're the demon goat here! Don't make me kick yer butt for some 2k LP like your brothers did! No? Fine....let me show you my pass...."

(Loud Audible gunshots)

"Dang it, there's not even a door, why do these guys bother guarding this place if nobody can enter anyway? Guess I'll need to sneka in the bac-- Hey are you still recording this?!?"

And finally, we get a close interview with, the cold lord of darkness, the terror of these lands, the one and only black knight, No! It's not freak'in Batman! He's better! Our one and only REINHARDT!

Would you like to say a few words sir?
    Reinhardt: GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!

Well I really hoped you enjoyed our tour. It's an awesome place to rest and relax, am sure Lucia did. Until then see ya next time. Feel free also to donate to our charity box too! Byeeeeee!

....seriously need the cash, I blew all my spendings and got stuck here!

IGN: Fraulein
    Last edited by FreuFreu; 08-13-2018 at 06:42 PM.