Custome Blue Rose Staff costume weapon visual anamolies

I am making a report this since the old casual thread mentioning it wasn't an official report on this.

The somewhat recent new custom costume weapon for the Wizard class, the "Custom Blue Rose Staff", has some interesting visual anomalies. Here is what it looks like by default, and is how it is intended to look.

However, there's a host of other possible ways this costume weapon sometimes displays, including the following...

Those with a familiarity of the Wizard weapons and a close eye may notice what appears to be happening. The textures and theme or whatever appear to be overlayed on the wrong staff model, which is the shape used for the Green quality level 28 (Oak Staff) and level 30 (Crystal Staff) Wizard weapons, as well as the Blue quality level 1 to 40 legacy weapon (Aura Staff). There are other possible ways this weapon can appear, including the inverse of the above glitch, where instead of having the texture of the custom staff on the wrong model, it uses the right model but the wrong texture.

Here the staff appears as I enter a dungeon (in this case, Otherworld Port Skandia Solo, but I notice this occur almost every time in the field Otherworld dungeons). It looks exactly as the level 28 Green quality staff (Oak Staff) does.

Here it is immediately upon entering the range of a mob and entering combat (this is after exiting combat). Entering combat in these dungeons always seems to shift it to the right model, but still with the wrong texture.

In short, with the Custom Blue Rose Staff costume weapon equipped, you basically play a game of roulette of one of four or five staffs showing up. It has been this way since it was new and I purchased it with AP, and persists until now. Certain things may change this how it appears in a moment, including changing map, channel, entering combat, using a skill, or even just standing there while the idle character animation occurs (during the animation the weapon isn't shown, and after the animation and it is shown again, it can change). Here's a video showing the randomness.

https://youtu.be/HTIRzffQ2dw

This appears for me, and sometimes I see a few other Wizards with it and it appears wrong too.

If any more information would be helpful or is missing, please ask.
    Last edited by Miss_Garnet; 04-16-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Is it always Oak Staff texture?

Hello, and sorry for the late reply.

If you're asking if the Oak Staff specifically is the one it looks like of the three (or perhaps more?) recolor variations that use the same model shape, then so far as I've noticed yes. However, as my picture shows, there's still like four or five different ways it can actually show up. It's rare but it does also sometimes just show up as the Oak staff itself.

As a side effect, some NPCs which carry the Oak Staff can be seen carrying an invisible staff with the glow and effects of what would be this custom weapon, which looks sort of funny o.o;

I did mean that specific on, yes. But latest patch did address this issue - you should check if it's still happening.

Thank you for the notice! I didn't know there was an intended fix for it, but unfortunately, it seems exactly the same for me as before. D:

Actually, I have more unfortunate news to mention. I have another costume weapon I recently got. I've only had it for a few days, and it was working consistently for the most part, but moments ago I noticed this. (I'm going to refrain from making a separate report for this since it seems to be the same issue, just affecting more costume weapons than the staff.)

That is the "Custom Banana Split Cake Roll" costume weapon. Whatever is causing the issues to the staff, seems to perhaps be causing it to some other costume weapons too. I'm noticing a trend that it seems to revert to whatever model the level 28 weapons use (this is a multi-class weapon, but it seems to be reverting to a Tachi weapon here). This has only occurred once with this new costume weapon, so it seems less affected, but I've only had it a few days so I'm not sure of the extent. It seems this new one I got to have something consistent until the other one is fixed isn't entirely free of that very issue though. D:

I'll try and do a full scan to see if it helps, but for now the problem is no different since the patch.

Edit: A full scan had no effect for me on this issue.
    Last edited by Miss_Garnet; 05-06-2018 at 12:53 AM.

A late and maybe small addition, but in the case any bit of information helps, I just saw this occur. The shape (model?) looks correct, but the colors and design (textures?) are incorrect, and seem to be showing from what the Oak Staff would have.

I saw it asked elsewhere if it ever happens on the character select screen or only in-game, and until recently, I never saw it occur on the character select screen. I have noticed on certain maps it seems far more likely to show incorrectly randomly (Navea, Cactakara Forest), and on others, it seems to almost always if not always show correctly (Norway Snow Land, the character select screen)

Please? D:

Pretty soon it'll be about a year since this was added. It's a shame the best staff in the game still doesn't even work, and behaves no different than the day of release despite three supposed fixes. I'm more saddened because I'm just a more casual player, and so costumes are a bigger part of why I still seldom play.

As someone who donated to get this on release, it's disappointing to see the priorities of what's given attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Garnet View Post
    Please? D:

Pretty soon it'll be about a year since this was added. It's a shame the best staff in the game still doesn't even work, and behaves no different than the day of release despite three supposed fixes. I'm more saddened because I'm just a more casual player, and so costumes are a bigger part of why I still seldom play.

As someone who donated to get this on release, it's disappointing to see the priorities of what's given attention.
    We actually added fixes to solve this problems in two different ocassions, so I don't know if those fixes got reversed or never worked fully.
    I will bring this to the dev's attention again.

They never worked, unfortunately. One of the fixes DID stop the NPCs from carrying them around, but that was it. I've paid close attention to when fixes were said to be put through because I was always excited for a fix.

In case it helps, since the results you get are a bit RNG and even map based, a good (bad?) map to test on would be Navea and Cactakara Forest. Though there's far more it tends to break on, those two are two of the more common ones that I've noticed that seem to show the issue much more often. If you test it on a map it never breaks on, it might seem fixed when it's not.

Generally, playing around by previewing it, and also previewing it and leaving it open and then previewing the "Crystal Staff" (the first Wizard weapon in the DP encyclopedia) tends to show the issue rather commonly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Garnet View Post
    They never worked, unfortunately. One of the fixes DID stop the NPCs from carrying them around, but that was it. I've paid close attention to when fixes were said to be put through because I was always excited for a fix.

In case it helps, since the results you get are a bit RNG and even map based, a good (bad?) map to test on would be Navea and Cactakara Forest. Though there's far more it tends to break on, those two are two of the more common ones that I've noticed that seem to show the issue much more often. If you test it on a map it never breaks on, it might seem fixed when it's not.

Generally, playing around by previewing it, and also previewing it and leaving it open and then previewing the "Crystal Staff" (the first Wizard weapon in the DP encyclopedia) tends to show the issue rather commonly.
    We already kind of figured out the reason behind the problem. Basically, the game when previewing the item is looking for it in the wrong folder (reason why model gets mixed up with a different one). It also has to do that our custom weapons uses their own folder so we prevent from overlapping over them when adding content from tw. Hopefully we can bring a permanent fix soon.