Concerns over some bugs as of late

Hello!

I'm usually a quiet and to myself player and don't like to complain over small stuffs, but I'd also rather give feedback over something that concerns me than keep quiet about it (and I don't know if this is the right place for this so I apologize if it's not). I have two examples I want to mention.

Up until now at least, Sky Tower Hell (classic works fine) is not working right this weekend as many of us know. You can't attack nor target any of the bosses, elites, or mobs, which effectively makes completing it impossible. I don't think I need to state the importance this major source of LP is for some players, myself included, on a server where it is cornerstone to advancement. I played on the official servers for years and moved here, and since level 90, I've somewhat slowed my leveling efforts to just relax and work on, well... everything else. I didn't want to rush through and skip on the content I never enjoyed yet. Also, I want to work on fortifying my stuffs, professions, collecting eidolons for eidolon story boosts and to use higher tier emblems, eidolon prayers, eidolon chronicles, trying to star fusion my level 90 top set (star fusion cost on this server is real), etc., etc. On a week where there's a lot of eidolons in the LP promotion and on the paragon table, I was hoping to get a few I didn't have and three star some if I could. Unfortunately, I'll be busy for the rest of the weekend, but I thought I can go at least once, yay! Not so, it would seem D:

I already do Gaia Sanctuaries every day, Eidolon Chronicles when I can, try and do eidolon prayers I can each day, and the daily field LP dungeons every hour/hour and a half. Looks like I will need to double down on that last one for the few days after the weekend to just try and half make up for the lost Sky Tower LP, because ~16k LP is a lot to miss out on, and not everyone has the time, gearing, or whatnot to make it up in every other way.

That will be me running Otherworld Skandia, Helonia, and Crescent Hill after this weekend as much as I can!

The other thing is the "Custom Blue Rose Staff" costume weapon, which up until now, is still visually bugged. I understand bugs happen. I understand game breaking bugs take priority over less impactful bugs. Here's the concern, though. The entire point of a costume is it's visuals, so it for to be bugged completely ruins it's point, no? The reason this concerns me is I donated to the server to get this on release. What I got for that is something that sometimes visually bugs, has since then been released on the paragon, and seems to be forgotten about. In the grand scheme of things, I'm not complaining too much about this (small cost, and it's not entirely visually broken), but still, is this the message you want to reinforces to your spending supporters (albeit small, I don't have the disposable income I once had)? If something MAY be broke, may as well wait until it's on LP a few weeks later is the thought process that reinforces.

That's pretty much it. If this seems like negativity for the sake of it, I apologize, but as the saying goes, happy customers are quieter than ones with complaints. I am not ignorant of the time and effort and headache that goes into making this server what it is, and I am overall happy here (so happy, that I restarted from scratch despite having an entirely end-game account with years worth of effort on the official servers!). I believe this to be, and by faaaar, the best Aura Kingdom server, which is great because it's far too great of a game in a genre that is seemingly lacking more and more these days. Bugs like this aren't an every day thing here or anything, but with the occurrence of them lately, I figured I'd throw my feedback in.

Unlucky as it is, the ST issue concerns everyone. Best you (and everyone) can do is to hope for STC luck - personally, I did a raid today, and got 10k total out of it. Is it less than average STH? Yes. It is so bad it's not worth the time? I wouldn't say so (lots of people do, though).
    Everyone got hit and best you can do is hope at least promos get extended for a few days - they were a few times before. I actually think that would be very nice to see now.
    As for the other bugs - yes, some people are aware of them being out there, and when it concerns specific items/skills - it affects a few players more than the majority.
    In this particular case, the Rose Staff - nobody knew it would be broken before release, and after it nobody seemed to make an actual bug report thread (even in a basic, simple form - a few screenshots and a short description of what's going on are often more than enough). With it being something inconsistent, it lies entirely on the players who own it/like it/etc to let GMs/Aura/Dev know. To a bystander it doesn't even appear broken every time, and even aside from that I can barely imagine someone making a report in this case when they can just shrug instead; and then it just gets forgotten because of course players don't (and realistically shouldn't) keep track of bugs and fixes. Remember - the team here is quite small, and being on the constant hunt for bugs isn't something easily affordable. Which is my personal reason to try and help out with things, and I think if more people followed, things would improve further at a very nice rate.
    It's not negativity, but there's probably not much of a discussion to make, aside from what I've said already. Apology from the team doesn't really fix things on its own, but maybe you'll get one when someone sees the thread.

Edit: ST is getting fixed.
    Last edited by Lind; 04-14-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Well, I would have done Sky Tower Classic instead, but the thing was I literally only had the 2 A.M. server time time slot to do Sky Tower this weekend because I was busy the rest of the weekend until now. Obviously , none of us knew it'd be bugged at first, so once I lost my chance after we started discovering this, that was it. Anyway, I read that Sky Tower was already fixed and the promotion is being extended through the next weekend allowing players to potentially (more than) make up for it, and I feel this is fair.

Per the staff costume being visually bugged, I am new and also unaware of any official (?) ways to report such bugs or issues, so if there is one, I would try and help and use those criteria in the future. There was, however, a thread made on it here, although maybe nobody noticed it. I was simply told by someone else that minor bugs are often left unfixed because they aren't impacting the game in a major or gameplay way, and that made me discouraged from attempting to further bring it to attention when that thread and the bug itself failed to get any response.

If nobody noticed it, it is fine. Also, yes, bugs happen and I'm not trying to be negative or critical of the team. I also of course do not believe the team released it knowing it had the issue; it was simply a bug and it happens. That being said, I disagree that something like this shouldn't be given much attention once it is known. Yes, it may be inconsistently bugged. Yes, it may be a visual only thing and not impact gameplay. Like I said though, the ONLY point of a given custom costume over any other one is it's visuals, so when you make something available for sale and someone supports you to purchase that early, and then it's got issues, it's bad taste to say "it's not a major deal". I literally play a game of roulette between getting one of any four possible staff costumes by using it.

Thank you for the reply though.

Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Garnet View Post
    Per the staff costume being visually bugged, I am new and also unaware of any official (?) ways to report such bugs or issues, so if there is one, I would try and help and use those criteria in the future. There was, however, a thread made on it here, although maybe nobody noticed it. I was simply told by someone else that minor bugs are often left unfixed because they aren't impacting the game in a major or gameplay way, and that made me discouraged from attempting to further bring it to attention when that thread and the bug itself failed to get any response.

If nobody noticed it, it is fine. Also, yes, bugs happen and I'm not trying to be negative or critical of the team. I also of course do not believe the team released it knowing it had the issue; it was simply a bug and it happens. That being said, I disagree that something like this shouldn't be given much attention once it is known. Yes, it may be inconsistently bugged. Yes, it may be a visual only thing and not impact gameplay. Like I said though, the ONLY point of a given custom costume over any other one is it's visuals, so when you make something available for sale and someone supports you to purchase that early, and then it's got issues, it's bad taste to say "it's not a major deal". I literally play a game of roulette between getting one of any four possible staff costumes by using it.

Thank you for the reply though.
    Hi Miss_Garnet!
    what a cute profile picture!!

first of all, this link will guide you on how to officially make a bug report: http://forum.aurakingdom.to/showthre...actions-Report

And, I kinda agree with "someone else" statement, there are too many bug reports that if it does not get a lot of attention, or fatally game breaking bug, like STH bug we got recently,
    chance to get fix will be too small. like Lind said, the team here is quite small, so far that I know, the dev team only consist of 1 person.
    It also does not help when some of toxic people give their "attention", messing up bug reports with selfish comments, ended up the thread being closed.

furthermore, imo, the staff prioritize the game to be "playable" first.

"enjoyable" is more subjective and harder to achieve.
    the bigger the community grow, the more diverse opinion that players have.
    so far that I can see, loyal/veteran player are the one that adapting to enjoy the game, good or bad side.

I am also with you on the "play a game of roulette between....", reason why that I (for sure, not only me) become more extra careful on AP spending in each promo.
    it is disappointing to see that people work so hard (gold/$/time) for costume items, that turned out to have missing feature (idle animation/particle effect).

Well,
    I have a high expectation to Aura and team regarding this matter,
    since they already survive for more than 4 years, really an achievement for a private server.

I hope all kind of people can enjoy the server in a nice way, eventually.

Ah. That's twice as unfortunate, then. Well, since there's still a chance next week - hope you can get everything you wanted (though paragon will change as scheduled, so mind that).

Concerning bugs: Kyaa linked the section where you should make report threads. Team does check the bug section for any potential issues, but I can't say that about any other place on forum. What someone else said about minor bugs isn't exactly true - the only minor bugs that were (not anymore, mind you) left unfixed because doesn't matter was text issues. In most other cases it was more about Dev's awareness of it and being able to actually figure out why is it happening.

So no, don't get discouraged from reporting things. Don't fall into the loop of "devs are lazy so i'll be lazy too, but also i'll call them out on that" which some players tend to~ All the bugs should be given attention, and get fixed in due time.

In this particular case: since you mention "four possible staff costumes", I suggest you list (and show) them all in a bug report thread; if you can figure out what item do they normally belong it would be twice as useful because finding an item by its appearance takes extra time. In that older thread I see the DB S&S also being glitchy, so if you know of any other costumes acting weirdly in this way, it would be even better.

Thank you for the links on the process of reporting these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lind View Post
    In this particular case: since you mention "four possible staff costumes", I suggest you list (and show) them all in a bug report thread; if you can figure out what item do they normally belong it would be twice as useful because finding an item by its appearance takes extra time. In that older thread I see the DB S&S also being glitchy, so if you know of any other costumes acting weirdly in this way, it would be even better.
    Yeah, I haven't fully discovered the forums yet and when I saw that other thread about the issue (which I found only through someone else sending me a link), I just added my input there. Maybe a bit late then, but I'll try and get some details together and make a post for it later.

I've also heard some of the other custom costumes that came with this set for other classes may have had issues, but I haven't seen any myself, so I don't have any details on any other classes that have a similar issue. I have merely noticed the issue with the staff costume, both with myself and on other Wizards I've seen using it.