What's the real point of gold and silver?

I know you use gold/silver to buy things from NPC merchants, but the things they sell don't cost very much. What is gold/silver actually used for? Please don't tell me it's just buying items from other players. Is there some endgame grind you need massive amounts of gold for, like how in Maplestory you need mesos for cubing? Help me out here so I don't feel dumb for all the manual gold farming I've done and am going to do.

Active User
    npc sells weapon recipes for like uh i dont remember but i think 80 wep was 1200g
    crafting costs money cooking costs money anything costs money LOL

Quote Originally Posted by A_Gray View Post
    npc sells weapon recipes for like uh i dont remember but i think 80 wep was 1200g
    crafting costs money cooking costs money anything costs money LOL
    You generally get better stuff by doing dungeon runs than by buying stuff from NPC merchants though, and cooking seems pointless. Surely there's some more important reason, something to explain why people go so far as to pay AP in exchange for gold.

Active User
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfendoom View Post
    You generally get better stuff by doing dungeon runs than by buying stuff from NPC merchants though, and cooking seems pointless. Surely there's some more important reason, something to explain why people go so far as to pay AP in exchange for gold.
    there is alot of stuff that costs tons of gold

getting the lv 78 skillbook of a class of your choice 100% save costs 20.000 gold as example
    the gold accessory set was it lv 75 or 78? not sure but that also costs tons of money since the drop rate is pretty low
    feeding your senshis with atk , def etc boosters you buy from them costs also gold again

so there is alot of stuff you need gold for
    buying 80 recipes is another example

i know thats from other players again but you really cant drop all that stuff yourself unless you wanna try for a year.
    Last edited by A_Gray; 02-09-2017 at 01:01 AM.

-you need gold to buy endgame weapon/acce formulas from a certain arcadia npc(some costs 1kg+) and craft them (also costs lots of gold)
    -you need gold to reset class specializations
    -you need gold to craft certain stuff (skill books, starstones(i think), mats etc etc)
    -you need gold to make a guild
    -you need gold to put/buy certain stuff on auction
    -you need gold/silver to mail others some stuff(amount of gold/silver depends on what you will send
    -etc etc
    || Akariya - Crusader || ded || Akari - Samurai ||

This is a question better asked when you're a lot closer to endgame.

Otherwise, the reasons were mostly stated above. Formulas from NPC, stuff from other players.