When should I start to level up my classes? And how?

Just like the title says, I'm not sure when I should start leveling up my other classes to get the common skills I need. (Even though one of the common skills I need I can't get until level 30, curse you hunter...)

Also, how do you level up your classes? I don't want to get too far into the game, only to switch to a class to level up, and then get slaughtered because that said class has no points put into it or it's only level one.

Any help would be mighty appriacted! My ingame name is Libear, if anyone is curious.

I don't know how far in the game you are, but if you're over level 35 in terms of character exp, you can start leveling the other classes now (if you're leveling them to get common skills). From personal experience, I found it easier to level the classes as I was leveling my character rather than waiting til 65+ to level up the classes (Since you only get class exp from killing mobs around your character level).
    Be careful who you make jokes around
    Meme Sorc || Meme Lancer || Married to the Memes

Whether or not you gain Class Exp is dependent on your Character Level compared to the level of the Monster you're fighting. The range is... -15/+12 around your Character Level, I think. I don't remember.

The main story questline will be the fastest way to level a single class. Once your class is 75, use the main storyline quests (if you have any left) to level some other class.

Quote Originally Posted by sserens View Post
    I don't know how far in the game you are, but if you're over level 35 in terms of character exp, you can start leveling the other classes now (if you're leveling them to get common skills). From personal experience, I found it easier to level the classes as I was leveling my character rather than waiting til 65+ to level up the classes (Since you only get class exp from killing mobs around your character level).
    Thank you! I decided to just wing it and level up Swordsman to 20, which wasn't hard. I'm just waiting for huntsman now to get that level 30 skill for common for my gunslinger.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimapi View Post
    Whether or not you gain Class Exp is dependent on your Character Level compared to the level of the Monster you're fighting. The range is... -15/+12 around your Character Level, I think. I don't remember.

The main story questline will be the fastest way to level a single class. Once your class is 75, use the main storyline quests (if you have any left) to level some other class.
    Once again, thank you! I just wanted to get it out of the way, but I will keep this in mind when I have other characters! c:

You can get exp class books from Furval (not LP) and you can raise fast your class level until 50, other dungs are LP/Furvals, and depend on your level repeat over and over single dungeons normal and Metarealm can give you a good exp.
    " The Heart of Magic are Lies "