{Asking} Dragon Knight Main Build

I've been working on a DK and I've asked around and get different answers. I would like to know what kind of 65-70 set or equipment I should focus on getting and what kind of stats I should have around that point. Originally I was thinking a set that increased Crit and Damage would be the way to go, but another Dk I know said to focus on a set like Harbinger and build DEF and HP. Any other opinions?
    Last edited by Rengoku; 09-29-2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Active User
    you should go for 70 cloak ring necklace (inquisitor) that gives you more than enough crit rate (yes they are expensive but really worth it) aim for atk % on them max is 5% atk i have 2% atk on each coz my luck sucks XD (on +50 they give you 28,5% crit dmg)

then you can go creator bottom set without having to worry about your crit rate

top set is either the hp one or if you wanna pvp evasion top is a must have

you should try to get defense as stat on your gear hp works also but defense is better you will have more than enough hp when you fortified all your gear

on starstones you ofc pick anything with atk bonus and either you go 3% melee dmg / 3% atk or 3% boss dmg or 3% crit dmg if you need that

on the blue starstones i would go either def again or pvp evasion stones since hp stones dont even give that much compared to eva or def

on your gear you want the following cards
    head = 8 -10% atk proc
    armor = doesnt really matter since youre not the tank whatever you prefer -elite or -boss dmg etc
    belt = 21% crit dmg to bosses (cap is 300 so be sure you cap crit dmg on bosses) you can check that when you press C details - offense
    gloves = 15 -18% crit dmg
    boots = -10% defense proc

on your costume cards you should try to get one with 10% crit dmg to bosses on your head costume and atk or melee dmg on the rest

and thats basically it for any dps class
    Last edited by A_Gray; 09-29-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks for the info. Back to grinding I guess.

Currently occupying a certain specific point in space and time.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Gray View Post

[etc]

on your costume cards you should try to get one with 10% crit dmg to bosses on your head costume and atk or melee dmg on the rest

+You can get +bossdmg on weapon + back costume enchant cards, make sure you keep an eye out for those :3 (somewhat?) rare but worth it imo
    IGN: Meina
    Guild: SugarRush (AK) // Hypurrion (TS)

Song translations
    MAL

バカでもできるから、失敗は許されない~!

Active User
    Quote Originally Posted by Meina-chan View Post
    +You can get +bossdmg on weapon + back costume enchant cards, make sure you keep an eye out for those :3 (somewhat?) rare but worth it imo
    oh yah i have some but i prefer atk and melee dmg since bosses die pretty fast already and i prefer stacking dmg for tanky elites or mobs

especially when you wanna main the class for pvp and wanna save gold
    Last edited by A_Gray; 09-29-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Gray View Post
    you should go for 70 cloak ring necklace (inquisitor) that gives you more than enough crit rate (yes they are expensive but really worth it) aim for atk % on them max is 5% atk i have 2% atk on each coz my luck sucks XD (on +50 they give you 28,5% crit dmg)

then you can go creator bottom set without having to worry about your crit rate

top set is either the hp one or if you wanna pvp evasion top is a must have

you should try to get defense as stat on your gear hp works also but defense is better you will have more than enough hp when you fortified all your gear

on starstones you ofc pick anything with atk bonus and either you go 3% melee dmg / 3% atk or 3% boss dmg or 3% crit dmg if you need that

on the blue starstones i would go either def again or pvp evasion stones since hp stones dont even give that much compared to eva or def

on your gear you want the following cards
    head = 8 -10% atk proc
    armor = doesnt really matter since youre not the tank whatever you prefer -elite or -boss dmg etc
    belt = 21% crit dmg to bosses (cap is 300 so be sure you cap crit dmg on bosses) you can check that when you press C details - offense
    gloves = 15 -18% crit dmg
    boots = -10% defense proc

BLUE/WHITE-SAN >:| ...We meet again.
    Okay just my two cents on here. Gray gives solid advice, just going to clarify a few things that I think would be worth mentioning to be pedantic :^)
    Now I don't play DK anymore but the build isn't far from a normal DPS,

If you plan to exclusively play DK or just melee, stick with Melee Dmg. The difference isn't colossal, but because of the behind-the-scenes way that ATK% is factored in, +3% Damage produces a bit more offense than 3% ATK. ATK% is great for Cleric and Pala, you know, those who heal a lot since that scales off your ATK. Also better for someone who switches classes often, otherwise, +Melee Damage is the way to squeeze that last drop out.

Blue Starstones. Again, what Gray says is Gray'd advice. Get it? Great? Gray'd? Haha... haha... ha... no? Just me? :|...
    In my experience on multiple classes, def stones are much more useful than HP stones, maybe throw one in if it strikes your fancy, but Def tends to be better for later-game play, where HP is a bit better for pre-70 gameplay. You'll get tons of HP from fortifying Helm, Waist and Boot pieces, but def is a lot more scarce, coming from only your chest piece. Ideally, you'd want to go for Defense/ -Boss Damage taken.
    My reasoning for this is, asides from it just being dope af, your biggest, most significant fights are going to be boss fights. Parties will typically cruise through normal enemies very fast. Furthermore, you're a DK, you're fighting in close range of the boss. So even if you're not directly targeted, it's very likely you're going to get caught by an AoE, unless you plan to run around for most of the fight.

Armor Enchantment Cards - Similar to above, go for the boss reduction. You can get up to -21% Crit damage from bosses I believe. There's also -Boss damage, but I think the reduction is around 4-6% so decide which would be best suited for you.

Glove Enchantment Cards - If you want to min-max, 21% Crit Damage cards exist, though rare to make. They're untranslated as of this post. Otherwise, 18 works, and it's not hard to find a seller, they're usually only like 30-50g if that.

Best of luck!