Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oene View Post
    Solution: keep your dumb personal conversations to yourself or in party, guild or whisper. Or you know do what pretty much everyone else with a brain does and make a RC/Discord server or talk in shoutbox in Forum, i'd rather Aura focus on real things like bug fixes, translations and content than catering to a bunch of people who don't know how to restrain themselves from breaking rules, i know the urge to blog your life on a game must be difficult but i believe in you!
    Just cause you're antisocial doesn't mean the rest of the server is. Talking to other people is part of mmos and if you can't stand seeing people talk to each other just to socialize, maybe you should try an offline game?

And yeah, I agree that conversations between party/guild members should be kept in party/guild chats, as well as 1 on 1 conversations that involves just 2 people should be handled in whisper chat but there's much more to it than that. I don't get involved into public people's chats all the time but most of the time I like seeing them, makes the server feel lively.
    I don't know how you can say this is "not a real thing" to be fixed. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's not part of the game.

As for the part about "breaking rules", I read them plenty of times and there's nothing regarding chat channels. A lot of people, including me, didn't know talking in trade chat wasn't allowed until Aura's in-game announcement yesterday.
    IGN: Fio
    Guild: 8bit

Active User
    Quote Originally Posted by xFio View Post
    Just cause you're antisocial doesn't mean the rest of the server is. Talking to other people is part of mmos and if you can't stand seeing people talk to each other just to socialize, maybe you should try an offline game?

And yeah, I agree that conversations between party/guild members should be kept in party/guild chats, as well as 1 on 1 conversations that involves just 2 people should be handled in whisper chat but there's much more to it than that. I don't get involved into public people's chats all the time but most of the time I like seeing them, makes the server feel lively.
    I don't know how you can say this is "not a real thing" to be fixed. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's not part of the game.

As for the part about "breaking rules", I read them plenty of times and there's nothing regarding chat channels. A lot of people, including me, didn't know talking in trade chat wasn't allowed until Aura's in-game announcement yesterday.

Active User
    you're antisocial

i'm really not trying to insult you `-` it's just dumb how people don't understand what a "trade" channel is for, i'm perfectly fine with people talking a bit or asking for help or questions but keep your personal conversations to whisper/guild/party or just do what literally everyone else does and get a discord/RC/skype group or smth lol
    Last edited by Oene; 09-15-2016 at 11:38 AM. Reason: too much rep

It isn't even a matter of being antisocial or not. Of course talking to others is completely normal, but would you go screaming in a mall your conversation for everyone to hear? Trade chat is shown to the entire server across all three channels. It's the same thing, most people who read it don't care to chime in or even value certain peoples opinions, but everyone is almost forced to read it. Some trade chat conversations rag on forever about the dumbest shit ever that people wouldn't even talk to their dogs about in real life.

I keep a trade chat tab always open to have an eye out for stuff I want to buy, to monitor prices and whatever. Having people chat on trade chat therefore forces me to read, or at least skim through whatever they're saying. Everytime trade chat moves on my screen, my eyes will eventually glance towards trade chat. It becomes annoying when its nonsensical garbage time after time.

I do however agree that the rules are blurred. This rule should be more visible and not have had to be shouted by Aura in-game.

Solution: keep your dumb personal conversations to yourself or in party, guild or whisper. Or you know do what pretty much everyone else with a brain does and make a RC/Discord server or talk in shoutbox in Forum, i'd rather Aura focus on real things like bug fixes, translations and content than catering to a bunch of people who don't know how to restrain themselves from breaking rules, i know the urge to blog your life on a game must be difficult but i believe in you!
    I totally agree with u, it's really annoying to see others talking freely on TC when u are trying to see if the item u want will be advertised... and I don't like the idea of blocking a lot of ppl coz they can always sell or buy things too.

But a peer chat would be nice, Dragomon has it, dunno why Twin doesn't have one.

I already made an statement about my wishes to remove megaphones requirements to talk in world chat. Of course, this also means the World Chat will gain some new restrictions (level, space between messages) to avoid possible spam. This change was impossible to introduce in this week's maintenance, considering everything we are already adding to the game today, but it will be added next week.

Other than that, I understand how it can be annoying to read other people's convo in trade channel if you want to sell or buy things, but I prefer lively servers that muted ones. This may not be everyone's preferrence, but you can always block everything if its the case. Because we are at an online server community, which means people's interactions are one of the main -if not the most important- feature the community has to offer.

god bless u dear..

Quote Originally Posted by xfio View Post
    just cause you're antisocial doesn't mean the rest of the server is. Talking to other people is part of mmos and if you can't stand seeing people talk to each other just to socialize, maybe you should try an offline game?

And yeah, i agree that conversations between party/guild members should be kept in party/guild chats, as well as 1 on 1 conversations that involves just 2 people should be handled in whisper chat but there's much more to it than that. I don't get involved into public people's chats all the time but most of the time i like seeing them, makes the server feel lively.

As for the part about "breaking rules", i read them plenty of times and there's nothing regarding chat channels. A lot of people, including me, didn't know talking in trade chat wasn't allowed until aura's in-game announcement yesterday.
    +99999999999999999999999999999999999999999.... (to be continued)

i'm really not trying to insult you `-` it's just dumb how people don't understand what a "trade" channel is for, i'm perfectly fine with people talking a bit or asking for help or questions but keep your personal conversations to whisper/guild/party or just do what literally everyone else does and get a discord/RC/skype group or smth lol
    no u are not tryin to insult us.. u just dont know how to talk with other people

have a good day! (heart)
    Last edited by uWillneverKnow; 09-15-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: sarcasm went too far? :(

Active User
    Quote Originally Posted by uWillneverKnow View Post
    no u are not tryin to insult us.. u just dont know how to talk with other PEOPLE WITH A BRAIN

have a good day! (heart)
    This coming from the guy who can't find the edit button and ends up triple posting, okay. Thanks and you too `-`