PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on getting Baphomet?

stmacl
09-18-2015, 03:45 AM
So I got to level 60 (Wiz/Gun) and decided to look up what armor sets I should get for the grind ahead (currently level 62 and getting owned in the current story quests).

I read a comment from someone who recommended Baphomet's set which, after looking it up, I found out came from the Battlefront Merit Chest which is dropped by the world bosses Banoleth and Bisolen (correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE).

So I have a few questions.

1)Is Baphomet really the best thing I could go for right now (my stats shouldn't be a problem since I can grind gold to reset them if needed) or is there some armor that's better? (I'll also be going for the Lion's Roar set on the same recommendation and don't worry I've already done my sobbing at what I have to do to get that (I currently can't even go into Overworld Port Skandia without dying (way too squishy atm))).

2)I found information on PortSkandia that these bosses spawn on a 4 hour timer (4 hours counting down from their death), is that accurate and if not are there any timers online that I can use to know when he's spawning? I'd rather use my time grinding gold for the inevitable crafted sets that I will have to make later then wait for a boss not wanting to risk missing him.

3)Is there a way to increase the chances of the armor in the rewards? I've already found out treasure charms don't work on these guys due to the fact that they send you a message with the chest in it, but if there's a way to somehow affect the contents this would help immensely.

I guess the only other question I have is related to Eidolons.

4)I have Uzuriel and have kept her equal to my level (62) as well as fed her all my symbols. Is she the best Eidolon for my class or should I switch to Bel-Chandra (grinding for her in my spare time) when I have the chance?

In case it's wanted/needed here are all my stats. The armor is mostly non-descript and I only put the weapons so you could see the secret stones embedded in them. I am part of a Lv3 Guild (doubt that makes a difference) and have a level 2 Uzuriel.
http://i.imgur.com/qz7DaPL.png

Sky
09-18-2015, 03:50 AM
edit: ur not wrong, they do drop from battlefront merit chests, but using that set is long old. I mean unless you had it already in the bank or something then sure, use it; but I wouldn't go out of my way to farm/buy it nowadays.

1. Just grind your way to 70 and use Sniper set. At 60 you should be doing dungeons / finishing quests and using, errr, the dps set for that level. Devourer? the recipe should be super cheap in the AH. No wonder you have trouble soloing :<

2. World bosses alternate every day (forgot which days, but today is Vulture's Vale?) and they spawn every 4 hours starting from 12am. Switch maps the next day at 12am.. so..
i.e:
Today, VV: 12am, 4am, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm
Blizzard Berg at 12am, 4am, etc
VV at 12am, etc

3. Treasure charms only increase the number of drops you get from a chest, not the chance of getting any specific item in that box. Loot scrolls increase the % to get a drop from a mob but it doesn't increase the chance of getting any specific items.

4. as for eido, i've seen dps characters use: yarnaros, eligos, endora or cleo. They all give dmg% star buffs. It's also good to check and see what skills the eidos have to see which one benefits you the most. Eligos gives -def% debuff? yarnaros has a stun etc.. i'm a bard and i use cleo for movespeed.

stmacl
09-18-2015, 04:40 AM
So I quickly went through the auctions looking for the formulas and there weren't any -_- yay more grinding for me...

Also thank you for that boss info, I was getting really frustrated trying to figure out when they spawn.

The only other questions I have now are;

Are my weapons good enough or should I grab new?

What Trophies should I look at? I'm guessing Malodnak's Sharp Claw as one but what of the other?

and

Should I reset my stats at all? (Currently trying to cap speed so might have to redo that for new armor, otherwise it's defense.

Sky
09-18-2015, 04:44 AM
So I quickly went through the auctions looking for the formulas and there weren't any -_- yay more grinding for me...

Also thank you for that boss info, I was getting really frustrated trying to figure out when they spawn.

The only other questions I have now are;

Are my weapons good enough or should I grab new?

What Trophies should I look at? I'm guessing Malodnak's Sharp Claw as one but what of the other?

and

Should I reset my stats at all? (Currently trying to cap speed so might have to redo that for new armor, otherwise it's defense.
Usually recipes are cheap, like the formula itself, the level 60 unidentified formula :o

Weapons, crafted is usually good. arent those the level 45 yellows? you should look into crafting or buying a higher level one. but I think you can find yellow ones cheap around the 60s, i think the lowest yellow is 65? from ST? Don't take my advice too seriously, haha. I'm not a big stats player so maybe someone else can steer you in the right direction.

as for trophies, malodnak is good. are you fire or ice wiz?

stats, not sure, i don't play wiz.

btw your masteries, you should use extreme speed and break defense. the move speed is helpful and -def% is always good.

stmacl
09-18-2015, 04:49 AM
I'm currently playing fire wizard since almost all the guides I could dig up are based on it. I was doing so well until the guide stopped... at level 50.

The most annoying part about grinding for these items is that (due to the fact that I was the co-founder and it's full of friends I dragged into the game) I'm the joint highest level in my guild, just 2 level 62s... thankfully one of my friends has taken on the Bardian role (he's level 50 right now) and is acting tank so we can survive (the friend that's the same level as me plays Ravager/Bard). I'm semi tempted to wait for a few of them to catch up so I can do the party modes of the dungeons and increase my chances at armor formulas.

EDIT: For my staff it might be worth seeing if I can get my friends to do IA with me so I could try getting his staff. (after I get my armor of course)

As for Pistols the Duke's Duelers might be a good place for me to start.

Sky
09-18-2015, 04:57 AM
I'm currently playing fire wizard since almost all the guides I could dig up are based on it. I was doing so well until the guide stopped... at level 50.

The most annoying part about grinding for these items is that (due to the fact that I was the co-founder and it's full of friends I dragged into the game) I'm the joint highest level in my guild, just 2 level 62s... thankfully one of my friends has taken on the Bardian role (he's level 50 right now) and is acting tank so we can survive (the friend that's the same level as me plays Ravager/Bard). I'm semi tempted to wait for a few of them to catch up so I can do the party modes of the dungeons and increase my chances at armor formulas.
ohh :< aw u poor thing. it's good to hear that u play with friends though. as u get to higher levels, guardians and heal bards are not as useful or needed since everyone can leech hp through nocturnal cores and deal enough dmg to not die. when I say that the recipes are cheap, i mean super cheap. Have seen them go for free or 10g haha. I wouldn't worry too much about farming or grinding for recipes. You can also purchase from Encyclopedia if you have enough dragon points;

stmacl
09-18-2015, 04:59 AM
You can also purchase from Encyclopedia if you have enough dragon points;

DRAGON POINTS!! Of course those things I have about 1 billion of!! (I was trying to get the final dragon point reward before the last update which was a mount so I stocked up quite a few) that might actually make this easier then I thought.

Sky
09-18-2015, 05:06 AM
DRAGON POINTS!! Of course those things I have about 1 billion of!! (I was trying to get the final dragon point reward before the last update which was a mount so I stocked up quite a few) that might actually make this easier then I thought.

don't forget you can also get 5k dp with 750 lp :D but that might be abit hard since it seems you are fresh new and not many chars to farm ET or otherworlds with.

Astron
09-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Okay, I've been playing as a solo who levelled slowly but surely until 70. There are definitely gonna be difference since I'm a crus and your a wiz. However, I'll try my best to help you out.
This is all what I did as a solo. If you don't think it was a good thing, you can ignore it.

1. Harvey sword for 10s from Phantom Scavenger in Navea. Bought 36 of them, got the highest percentage one (120% >.>) and 5-starred, because its the easiest weapon to 5-star, and it gives bonus damage buff (At least, for greatsword. Still probably worth it.) Switch to a better weapon as soon as you can get your hands on one. I'll explain a bit later. Do the same for sub weapon unless one of the 45 or 50 weapons give a nocturnal boost.

2. Gearwise, I grabbed the Devourer set. Really good level 60 set, kinda like the simplified snipers. Not too hard to get by spamming 60s, last I checked. Recipes (if existing in AH) are pretty low. If you don't have the money for that, then you can continue grabbing green gear from the lv 60 armor boxes, and level 65 when it comes to it, making it a lot easier to star those ones, though albiet inferior in stats. IF and ONLY IF you have a plentiful amount, at level 65 you can get the lion's roar set for bottom. However, even if you can't get Devourer, I still highly recommend you try to get the top set at least.

3. Deadly or Destroyer core for your main weapon, Nocturnal for your sub. Preferably Deadly for main, as it increases Crit Dmg. In all honesty, you don't need a level 65 ST weapon for main weapon unless its like 137%+. The 60 orange does pretty good damage, just pray that it hits at least 115%. As for sub, don't even consider a gold weapon for sub unless its got an unnerfed nocturnal heal (Not from a core, just came with the weapon. I think it was katar or duelist, i dunno.)

4. I used the Comet set of accessories for the bonus damage, then went to Meazarra for its crit and huge def debuff. Meazarra should be pretty cheap now, assuming you can find a buyer.

5. Reset your stats? Despite Auto seemingly put your stats into speed, the more important one is definitely damage. Speed goes second for a wiz, I think. However, seeing as your gear puts you a bit towards the crit side, I'd recommend using your secondary stat as crit. Don't worry about speed, Wizard and Gunslinger weapons will provide those for you, along with the devourers and Lion's Roar when you get them. Train them through Envoy Path or when absolutely neccessary.

6. Change your Envoy Stats and get rid of the loot rate drop. Contrary to popular belief it does not make the odds of getting better loot higher, it only causes the items to drop more commonly, thus not working on bosses since they always drop something after defeat.

7. Orange Fia trophy, Orange Noripan Trophy, or Orange Malodak Trophy. Preferably the Malodnak. Just get another from the boss, and craft it, and equip it alongside the green one for a super zeal :D

P.S. You're a level 62 which means you can use weapon specializations now. How about you go ahead and use that? Obviously use your points for maxing out Move speed, then going on to what ever you want your build to be like. I don't know what path it is for wizard, but choose whichever one suits you. Preferably damage, I think there's a path that allows you to charge a Meteor Shot, I dunno. Just remembering from a couple of wizard friends.

You got it a bit easier, since you have friends and guildmates, so you can do pt dungeons easier. I had no friends or guild until level 70, so I spammed the heck outta solo dungeons and joined whichever party for OW 60s whenever I saw them in recruitment. Ah, those were the days...

And yes, like Sky said, Dragon points are a wonder. 20k DP for a superior monster book can give you so much xp, and even level you up depending on your level. Sometimes even twice, though at your level that aint gonna happen.

Regardless, I hope I helped somewhat.

stmacl
09-19-2015, 12:38 AM
So a bit of an update.

I got all the breathless armor I need (devourer is a forge set afterall) and most of the recipes for devourer (save for the helmet and chestpiece that no-one is selling whatsoever).

I asked everyone if they wanted to do Infernal Abyss (I want that staff) and save for myself and my lv 62 friend (who is now 63) decided to quit playing... great.

So now it's left to me and a friend to bring our guild to level 4 so we can have the guild eidolons (which was the main reason that I got my friends to play in the first place -_-)

Astron
09-19-2015, 12:42 AM
So a bit of an update.

I got all the breathless armor I need (devourer is a forge set afterall) and most of the recipes for devourer (save for the helmet and chestpiece that no-one is selling whatsoever).

I asked everyone if they wanted to do Infernal Abyss (I want that staff) and save for myself and my lv 62 friend (who is now 63) decided to quit playing... great.

So now it's left to me and a friend to bring our guild to level 4 so we can have the guild eidolons (which was the main reason that I got my friends to play in the first place -_-)

RIP friend.

Anyways, You can try public recruiting for IA. I know there are plenty of people out there who can carry IA XD As for guild, you gotta promote it a bit more so people know it exists :p

Sky
09-19-2015, 12:47 AM
I have a spare guild on my alt that you and your friend are free to join, I can give you officer rights (but not giving lead away, sorry!). It's level 5 so it has guild hall and stuffs. Or you could look on the guild section in forums and try to find a guild to join ^^; sorry to hear about your friend quitting :c things don't pick up until youre 65+ or so, maybe 70+