PDA

View Full Version : Ramblings of a frustraited fisher and questions about the beautiful tooth fish

Lindsey
01-28-2015, 06:55 AM
So for around 3 weeks I've been trying to get the gold armor dps fishing set. I've started to fish, learned times and locations of fish kings, spent time fishing for fish king bait, gathered the penguin set. Gathered materials and fusion formulas.. only to realize that the SM fish king is pretty much impossible to catch for that last ingredient. I failed to catch even one with my best effort. 3 Weeks of wasted time. A 'bummer' is a severe understatement, sure. I should have quit chasing this goal right then and there but no..I'm a glutton for punishment. I found out that there was still a way to get the ingredient item I needed, <Bloodthirsty Skin>. I can theoretically get it from the green 'tooth fish' found in SM. But after fishing and opening over 4 thousand of them I still haven't gotten 1, while I need 4. Sorry for the rant, I'll get to the questions..

1: Are the tooth fish bugged? Do they even drop the fusion mat at all or did I just get trolled hard?

2: If they aren't bugged, what are the odds of getting this item from the tooth fish? is it 1/5000? 1 in a million?

I fell in love with this game because I get stressed way too easily and this is the most casual mmo I've ever played. But this..this is a special kind of evil.. something I never seen coming in a game this casual. Help me out, fellow brave fisherman. How many of these wonderful creatures am I going to have to catch to get 4 of these 'bloodthirsty skins'?

Sera
01-28-2015, 07:08 AM
Odds of getting Fish King mat from green fish is low, especially with Rainmist and up where fishes (and kings) only give x1 drop. Sludge fish king isn't hard, I had no problems with it personally using VP king set. Penguin set won't do the job with hardest kings in game, sadly.

GrayFoxPain
01-28-2015, 07:23 AM
fishing is super easy
step 1: go leech daggers (as you did) to get penguin set
step 2: do the VP king fish monday or sunday to get the grand duke set ( if you are lazy you can even buy it in ah most times)
step 3: make the grand duke set
step 4: now you can catch any king fish gg

Lindsey
01-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Thank you, ace anglers!