PDA

View Full Version : VOIP Server.

Misaki Ryou
05-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Hello there. This doubles as both a suggestion and a survey.

I've lingered around for a while now and noticed there's quite a large community here, but other than the forums or the occasional conversations in the Trade Channel, I'm not aware of other forms of public conversation or mingling.

IMO different channels for a public server-wide conversation is better, having its own distinct font as to not flush out others looking for trades, but unfortunately the World Chat requires the Megaphone. I also notice there are several guilds that use RaidCall to converse amongst their members, I'm not familiar with how it works, but after looking around I couldn't find a AKPS community server or such.

The only program I'm familiar with such a function is Mumble, which is a pretty lightweight one, and user-friendly IMO. I used to play a Minecraft private server with a thriving community, and find it nice to chat with them while playing the game, so I was wondering if there is such a community here as well.

So anyway to get to the bottom line, what do you all think of a VOIP server for whoever who wishes to just chat and mingle, would it be feasible and would there be enough people who want to? I'm asking if it feasible for the team because I'm aware to rent or obtain a server might be costly, and a potential waste if there aren't many in this community who fancies voice-chatting, not to mention the need of moderators and such.

What do you think, what are your 2 cents, would you want something like this? I appreciate your responses, thank you for taking your time to read my post, and have a nice day.

TL;DR
VOIP server for the community here, using Mumble or the like, you want and can do?

Misaki Ryou
05-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Bump, no one? Guess I'll take this as a "no", meh.

Saito
05-17-2014, 08:31 PM
I'll look into it :)

Misaki Ryou
05-18-2014, 07:03 PM
I'll look into it :)

Thank you, Saito! I appreciate the reply, and you looking into it. Even if it gets the green light, I'm hoping there are enough people in the community who are into it.

Aura
05-19-2014, 04:43 AM
I'm not sure if my idea will equally satisfy your suggestion, but I have intentions to create an official teamspeak for the server. A place that guilds and parties could use to chat between each others; but also a place where players could get to know other people and how they sound. It could be a good place even to talk with staff members from time to time to ask questions and know them better and even to host special team-speak events (can't imagine a more fun hide and seek, for example).

Jico
05-19-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure if my idea will equally satisfy your suggestion, but I have intentions to create an official teamspeak for the server. A place that guilds and parties could use to chat between each others; but also a place where players could get to know other people and how they sound. It could be a good place even to talk with staff members from time to time to ask questions and know them better and even to host special team-speak events (can't imagine a more fun hide and seek, for example).

It will be fun if ever you'll push through with this. :)

Misaki Ryou
05-19-2014, 07:01 AM

Yes, it definitely will, Aura! It's exactly that, any form of VOIP server, regardless of the program used. That's great news, thanks for the heads up, I appreciate that!