PDA

View Full Version : Remove Level Cap for Areas?

Mui
02-24-2014, 08:13 PM
The level caps on certain areas should be removed, if it is even possible, so players can go anywhere freely, and they won't be restricted to see what the whole game looks like :o

AuraFort
02-24-2014, 08:14 PM
it's not level capped it's quest capped ^^

Robas
02-24-2014, 09:41 PM
it's not level capped it's quest capped ^^

This. But that is a interesting idea i support this.

kidsforsale
02-24-2014, 10:38 PM
i support this also, i hate doing quest -_-

Aura
02-24-2014, 11:12 PM
To be completely honest, I though about this before launching the server. My original idea was to remove the quest cap for alt characters, meaning once you already completed the quests you could create a new one without re having to do all the story quests. Yet, the idea was more complicated to implement that it seemed, and end up not being possible. I do not agree to remove the quest cap completely, so I don't think we will be able to make this one come through.

AuraFort
02-24-2014, 11:23 PM
i was expecting that kind of reply from aura ;)

Aura
02-25-2014, 01:20 AM
i was expecting that kind of reply from aura ;)

Don't get me wrong; I understand from where the suggestion is coming. In the process of testing before the server was release, I may had to kill Brian 20 different times (without counting the times I already did that, the tutorial, and etc, on the official). It's like watching a movie: the first time was indeed one of the things I found the most appealing. The dynamic quests-line and the rich story behind them, plus the unique interaction of NPC's and their dialogue made me feel inside a graphic adventure instead of a mmorpg. By the 4th or 5th time, I just wanted to kill myself xD Regardless, if we remove the story-quest option completely, I suspect the majority (except truly newly players) will avoid them completely. And that would destroy the spirit of this game, and how the early stages were design.

YourGonnaLoveMe
02-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Removing would definetely go backwards, i mean the Game would be only Grindfest and Boring.

Instead why dont you create Custom Quests with Custom Missions and Rewards?
That would make the Server Unique :)

AuraFort
02-25-2014, 01:41 AM
that would take alot of work, since you need to make a new npc(or just recolor excising ones), a new map( again re-use an old one & make some minor changes or not), a new auto path, a story for the quest(which most of the players don't read), and the reward which you will have to balance so it won't break the game.

i say it's too much work for a small or even no reward & i'm not even mentioning the programming involved in this codes & etc. http://i.imgur.com/JEpG2l6.gif

Aura
02-25-2014, 02:18 AM
It is not completely out of the question, but certainly something to be consider ahead in the future. Remember this game is in still development, not by us of course, which means new content is definetely in the future.

kidsforsale
02-25-2014, 09:56 AM
just make an npc that warps people to maps with no restrictions, don't remove the quest.